2000 Ford Contour - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Contour model:
FORD FOUND ON ROAD DEAD LITERALLY!!!!!
By countourhater on 03/06/12 20:27 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

What bad things can I not say about this car. I bought this car for almost $10,000 in 2008 with only 86000 miles. Within a matter or weeks of buying this car my spark plug popped out of the engine. It didn't stop there. Less than a year later my head gasket blew 100miles away from my home and luckly drove back but ate gas up all the way home. I had 3 wheel bearings replace. The car died right in the middle of the road beccause the Transmission died while in Drive. The starter died. Fuel pump died in a parking lot. A hose deteriated and made the car stall out. This car has cost me an arm and a leg for the loan but mostly in the cost of repairs. All theses probs occured b4 car could reach 150K

Alot of problems with this car
By garyd6 on 08/18/11 18:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car for $5000 in March of 2006. Since then I have put $9,100 in maintenance and repairs. This car has been very problematic and I can't get rid of it. The condenser leaks. The A/C compressor leaks. The exhaust manifold gasket, timing cover gasket, valve cover gasket are all seeping or making noise. The car has $185,000 miles on it.

Awesome
By sals on 07/31/10 14:25 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

My wife and I love this car. It won't die! Still starts every time with 280,000+ miles on her! Besides the normal maint. we've had to put a fuel pump on it at about 140,000. The way it's going I don't think 300,000 miles is too far from its future. American cars do last if you take care of em and do the preventative maint. like you should on every car.

Best car I've ever driven
By Daniel on 04/20/10 22:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2004 with 35,000 miles, now it has 79,000 and the only problem I've had was the fuel pump went out at 52,000 miles. Other than that only routine maintenance: oil changes, plugs, tires, etc. Now some parts are wearing, but the car is 10 yrs old so its expected. Great car I love it. Unfortunately somebody ran a red light and plowed the right side totaling the car. However it still drives and is reliable. I'm getting a 98 Contour but still plan to keep my 00 contour for backup.

I love this car
By aking1 on 01/14/07 21:53 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

I have driven many cars that were great, but none greater than this car. Even though this car is a 2000, and I have driven many recent cars, it is my favorite. It has a lot of interior room that I am able to play my guitar in it during lunch breaks. Besides my truck, this is my reliable vehicle.

Ford Contour
By Brian on 08/29/06 09:12 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

My car just hit 60,000 miles and still running strong. Have not had to put any money into it other than routine maintenance. Gets pretty good gas mileage for a V6 with great power. Had some problems with the dashboard for awhile but was able to glue it back on. It's not afraid to be pushed around corners because of its great grip. Great car and power for the money that I paid.

A great bargain commuter car
By arcin69 on 04/13/05 07:47 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

I use it for commuting 190 miles a day. Extremely reliable. New brakes at 114,000 miles, timing belt at 100,000, fuel pump at 157,000. Only thing I replaced without wearing out was alternator at 44,000 miles.

One complaint
By arcin69 on 03/07/05 12:19 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

Contour was a good car. Would have been great if they had trimmed it out the way it deserved. Needed more options and a nice interior. As a commuter car its been terrific. Going strong at 160,000 miles and still gets 31 mpg.

Our Ford Contour
By Cat Lover on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

We have been very happy with our Contour. It has only needed normal upkeep and has had only one moderate problem caused by my daughter and her lack of experience in driving. It fits everyone in our family from my husband who is 6'2" to our daughter who is only 4'11".

Pocket Friendly Road Car
By pastajay on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

I have had a good experience with this vehicle. Besides routine maintenance, the only problems I have had with this car was the replacement of the fuel pump and a recall for the dashboard cover (warping in high heat). The fuel pump was under warranty and the dashboard replaced for free. I do have a peculiar problem with my car only when it is below freezing and the engine is cold- the airbox makes a funny resonant vibrating noise. My car has currently has 62000 miles on it and will probably give me that much more I guess...