1999 Ford Contour Consumer Review: Ford Contour 1999

1999 Ford Contour - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Ford Contour 1999
By JoeT56 on

1999 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

This has been a fairly good car. No engine or major problems at all. I think that the gas mileage could be alot better for a four cylinder. The only horrible problem I've had is a bad dasboard. I had my dash replaced by the dealer because it warped in the sun peeling back from the defrost vents. The new one did the same thing. The dealer will replace it for about $1200.00 dollars! They're stupid. They replaced my defective one with another defective one. Other than that, it's been a fairly decent car. Personally, I would not buy another contour, or another Ford. I didn't like the way they handled my dash problem. Very cold, not willing to help solve the problem.

Definately improve on the front dash. It cannot stand up to the heat. Put a lumbar feature on the driver's seat to reduce the strain on the back and a slight lift on the seat so the legs just don't hang and tire easily.