1998 Ford Contour Consumer Review: Vroom vroom Candie the Contour

1998 Ford Contour - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Vroom vroom Candie the Contour
By Pixie tha Racer on

1998 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

I love my Candie the Contour. I bought her in Nov. with 69k mi. and have had many problems since. Within our first week together, she needed a new serp belt, new spark plugs,a new air filter, a coolant flush,and a new glove box. During the second week, she stalled like crazy and eventually wouldn't start cause she needed a new fuel line. Not to mention the humming sound when I turn the wheel to the right, or the big huge CLUNK! When I take a sharp turn. And after all this work, she's been mine for two wonderful months now and STILL the freekin coolant light and the check engine lights come on ALL THE TIME! AHHH!

Love the moonroof. I hope Candie's doesn't get stuck open like everyone elses. The junk-holder spot under the parking brake is nice too. The power drivers seat is sweet and makes my little Candie very comfy. Man I could fit like 5 people in my trunk! Very cute car.

Ouch Ford. The trans is a little jerky, the interior lighting is terrible, the idiot lights on the dash are annoying and misleading, and the front passenger seat isn't real comfy. It's okay though I still love her.