1998 Ford Contour Consumer Review: Too good to keep making

1998 Ford Contour - Consumer Review

GL Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Too good to keep making
By Paul on

1998 Ford Contour GL 4dr Sedan

The only Ford I ever owned was a 63 and a half Falcon V8 Sprint. I have 3, 98GL, 99LX, and 00SE Ford Contours. I bought one and a year later, loved it so much had to buy 2 more just to have in garage next to the Vette. Economy, dependability, and durability is job one on these Contours. I replaced the timing belt in 2 Contours at 75 & 90k just for general principal. Engines and trans have regular filter changes and no problems. A/C's haven't been charged yet. Engine and car electronics, not one problem. Set the cruise on the Rt 80, Mass Pike, MA, at 65 and it will hold its own and still get 35mph. The steering is still tight. The Contours are great fun cars. I may have to get and add an SVT.

Agility, economy, and great response. Plenty of head and foot room and they are just fun vehicles to drive (I thought that I would never be so impressed with a 2.0 engine, yet alone a Ford.) At -15 degrees, turn the key and it starts!

Bring the car and style back!