Get a good tow truck plan!
By CLAZ on
1998 Ford Contour GL 4dr Sedan
I originally leased this car for two years. I decided to buy the car because I had no problems up until that point. About two months afterwards, my transmission blew. 6 months later it was the engine and so on and so on. I ended up having to bring the car in for a minimum of $500 worth of repairs every 6 months like clockwork. Car had to be towed at least 10 times before I was finally able to get rid of it. Nobody ever really figured out the O2 sensor problem, electric problems,belt problems,etc. It's a shame because the car handled great after the repairs and it was very comfortable. Ford has the worst customer service I have ever experienced, they basically disown you after you leave the lot.
Favorite Features
Driver and passenger seats were comfortable, car was very quiet and the sound system was great. The car handled very well when it wasn't broken.
Suggested Improvements
When a car has 20 recalls or whatever it ended up being (i lost count) they should try to treat customers a little better and maybe offer a good deal for a different Ford product.