1998 Ford Contour Consumer Review: My Contour

1998 Ford Contour - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

My Contour
By Vinnie Saigh on

1998 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

When I purchased this car a year ago, it looked to be in good shape, and it was. I took it home, had the front bumper and fenders repainted because of multiple highway chips in the paint. Then Iwashed and waxed it, making it shine like new, and it really does look great. I replaced the starter and a fuel solenoid, and now my Contour runs excellent. The gas mileage is outstanding, which is perfect for a low-income high school student, like myself. It's very reliable, but being a 6 year old car, you're bound to have a few things to fix. I've put about a total of $300 in replacement parts into this car, most parts being quite expensive. This car has done nothing but good for me this past year.

When I started looking for cars, I wanted mine to be a stick.I found one with a V6 and manual transmission and knew I had to buy it. It's got to be my favorite feature of the car. But I love music too, so I installed a great CD player that has increased the quality of my sound system.

Being an economy car, there's not much you can ask for except improvement in horsepower, interior luxury, and more advanced technology throughout the car. Other than that, I love my Contour!