Fords last good vehicle
By pablo on
1998 Ford Contour 4dr Sedan
I bought a 98 2.0 Contour in 02' when my 89 Volvo died w/276k. Contour had 58k when I bought it now has 136k. I replaced the orig. timing belt at 102K, did it myself with a book in 6hrs. This car has been nothing but pure joy, all electronic,ac/heat work great. Replaced header exhaust flex pipe 2x, Brakes 2x, car is well maintained at 25 city, 32 hiway mph, engine is still tight and clean no oil burning, when I pulled valve cover to set cams. It has some rot coming thru now in front of rear wheels, orig. rear struts will need to be replaced soon. So impressed with this car I bought a 99' w/59k in 06' and stashed it so I have another. The 99 is just as good. I'm buying a 2.0 2000 to keep 2.
Favorite Features
Size, 4cyl. power, dependability in all weather, durability, ease and comfort to drive, and low maintainence and cost with normal routine care. I put 8,205x70x14 Goodrich's tires on both Contours, it increased rideability.
Suggested Improvements
they should have put gauges and tach in all 4 cyl. too. The 99 dash is peeling up a little by the defroster. Get rid of the Focus and bring back the Contour