1995 Ford Contour 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Like a single Mom

1995 Ford Contour - Consumer Review

1995 Ford Contour GL 4dr Sedan

GL Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Like a single Mom
By Highpockets on

1995 Ford Contour GL 4dr Sedan

It gets up and goes when its sick, when its hurt, when it just doesn't feel like it. Don't have the extra funds to put into a vehicle just to keep it in pristine, like-new running shape. A WORK HORSE! Program car with 32k when I bought it. Roomy, comfy, a huge trunk. It just keeps going and going until I have the funds to do routine maintenance for a machine: brakes, motor mounts, tie rods, sensors, etc. Ford Dealerships suggest thousands in repairs. I choose per my budget. Energetically runs on for years before I get to the other items on the Dealer's list. Was disappointed when I looked around and learned that I couldn't plan on buying a new one.

Favorite Features

Comfy bucket seats in front really do "contour" to my 5'6" 165 lb body. Rear seats are enveloping and high-backed and make you feel safe.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are fragile, expensive to replace, too few in number and poorly located. LF speaker went out but wires in door are in tact - tool to remove stereo face is hard to find.