Used 1995 Ford Contour Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Contour - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Contour model:

a pleasant surprise
By N.R.Mills

1995 Ford Contour GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a throw-away in 1997 with 69k miles on it. Here I am eight years and 100k miles later and it's still going. I call it the zombie because the thing JUST WONT DIE! That's a good thing. It's been so reliable that I've almost come around to the Ford brand name.

well it's an econo-box, my favorite feature is that it runs like a top.

they've been fixed by now i'm sure

Like a single Mom
By Highpockets

1995 Ford Contour GL 4dr Sedan

It gets up and goes when its sick, when its hurt, when it just doesn't feel like it. Don't have the extra funds to put into a vehicle just to keep it in pristine, like-new running shape. A WORK HORSE! Program car with 32k when I bought it. Roomy, comfy, a huge trunk. It just keeps going and going until I have the funds to do routine maintenance for a machine: brakes, motor mounts, tie rods, sensors, etc. Ford Dealerships suggest thousands in repairs. I choose per my budget. Energetically runs on for years before I get to the other items on the Dealer's list. Was disappointed when I looked around and learned that I couldn't plan on buying a new one.

Comfy bucket seats in front really do "contour" to my 5'6" 165 lb body. Rear seats are enveloping and high-backed and make you feel safe.

Cup holders are fragile, expensive to replace, too few in number and poorly located. LF speaker went out but wires in door are in tact - tool to remove stereo face is hard to find.

Still love it after 9 years!
By robdobby

1995 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

I ordered this car in early 1995, and nearly 9 years later I'm still thrilled with it. The body is still tight, the V6 still smooth and torquey. It has been reliable, the first time it let me down was a few weeks ago when the water pump went (after 8.5 years and 76k miles). It's a shame that it was cancelled. Reviewers always complained about the back seat, but I think this is a perfect sized small sedan.

Smooth engine (V6 w/ manual transmission), tight construction, great feel to steering

None

great new car
By StirrCrazy

1995 Ford Contour GL 4dr Sedan

this is my first new car it replaced an 89 chevy celebrity that was on its last leg. I go to school 200 miles from home and this car if GREAT! its comfortable, reliable, and it looks great. I'm NOT afraid to be seen in it. I would recomend it as a first car for a new driver. it is very safe and feul efficient!

Fun, but still a Ford!
By mwh

1995 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from my Father-in- law. He had it since new and it is a fully optioned V6 SE. By the time I got it (70,000 miles) I had to replace the full suspension system, tyres, Brakes, water pump, electric fan and some other things that I can't remember. As you can imagine I was less than impressed. The check engine light also came on at highway speeds (still does but know one knows why). I have been through 3 Ford dealers as they do not know what customer service is. But since I replaced the above components, the car has been reasonably reliable and is fun to drive. I have 2 young kids and it is roomy enough to carry our load on vacation.

Drivability and performance. This car handles and drives very well. Accelerating on to the freeway is a pleasure. The trunk is also very roomy.

Ford Dealerships have no idea about customer service. I will not buy a Ford again as I do not wish to deal with them. Cup holders are a pain.