1995 Ford Contour SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Contour - Consumer Reviews

1995 Contour Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Contour model:

Sort Reviews by

contour
By steph33

1995 Ford Contour Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

i found it fun to drive and very fuel efficient and very comfortable

Favorite Features

comfortable to drive

Horrible Nightmare of a Car!
By harlou

1995 Ford Contour Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This was the first car I have ever purchased and has been a nightmare from day one! I have owned the car for a year and 3 months and I have put around $2000 into it and I am currently battling with a possible wiring problems that I can't seem to get pinpointed! It has been a huge disappontment to own and I am hoping to get rid of it as soon as I can get it running for longer than 10 minutes!!! These cars are junk and have NO resale value! Stay away!

Favorite Features

cup holders

Suggested Improvements

QUALITY!

A mechanical nightmare!
By i hate this car

1995 Ford Contour Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car is a decent car to drive, especially for the money paid, but it's a disaster on wheels. The engine revs itself at idle, and I can't start it without keeping my foot on the gas or it stalls. The brake pedal will only depress half-way (new pads and rotors turned 6 mo. ago). This car also jerks and shakes when in drive gear below speeds of 20 MPH, causing me to hit a car in front of me while I was parallel parking. I like Fords, but this car seems to be poorly designed (ie. cupholder, lack of rear legroom, locking gas cap won't open etc).

Favorite Features

sporty handling and plenty of power for a midsize family sedan, amazingly cheap (i know why now).

Suggested Improvements

High insurance rates, same cost to insure my 2000 Explorer 4x4 as this 95 contour, what's up with that? Quality control, the japanese and german auto makers know how, why can't the US keep up?

95 contour GL V6
By Wong

1995 Ford Contour Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this for 6 mo and I dun find any fun on owning this car. It had many problems car. I had used 1600 to fix all the problems, tire rods, brakes, radiator, water pump, and electrical wires on this car. I won't recommand this car to any friends of mine.

Suggested Improvements

Never use plastic in engine please. Otherwise, it's easy to find on the road dead.

put me in debt
By put me in debt

1995 Ford Contour Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

i got this car with45000 miles on it . 24 valve v6 at first fast ,about a month later the transmission started acting up all the recalls electrical blinkers not working tail lights not working coolant light coming on but didnt need anything than at 10100 miles no oil leaks no overheating the motor just blows up .there is me and my 2 kids on the side of the expressway stranded no warnings transmission problems from day one never buy a ford they are known for bad transmissions

Favorite Features

it was cute

Suggested Improvements

give me my money back

2nd worst car ever owned 1st ford tempo
By bobpez

1995 Ford Contour Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Crapy from the start. Power steering failed at 20k, both cv joints 40k, first trans went at 70k, dash caught on fire from recalled wiring at 80k, timing belt at 100k snapped, at 120k trans went out again, and sent the car to the junk yard

Favorite Features

nothing

Suggested Improvements

Ford should stop buildong cars.

WOW A RUNNING FORD
By smits

1995 Ford Contour Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I think the contour is the best Ford car there is. My Ford Contour Se has been running since day one there is been no major problems only some recalls none of which effected my auto. I have has it since aug of 95 and It has never has an oil change and it still runs wow. the end

Favorite Features

Power everything lumbar support dash board set up cup holder

Suggested Improvements

tilt steering bigger range for remote more back seat room

NICE LOOKING PIECE OF CRAP
By MEGSNEGS

1995 Ford Contour Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I HAVE ONLY HAD THIS VEHICLE FOR 6 MONTHS, HOWEVER, IT WAS ONLY DRIVEABLE FOR 2 MONTHS. TRANSMISSION SENSORS WENT OUT- BOTH OF THEM, BELTS BROKE. CUPHOLDERS BROKE OFF,RADIO STOPPED WOR

Favorite Features

SEATS ARE COMFORTABLE, THAT IS ABOUT IT.

Suggested Improvements

NEEDS BETTER CUPHOLDERS, BETTER TRANSMISSION, MORE GET UP AND GO FOR THE ENGINE. NOT A GREAT CAR- WOULD NOT PURCHASE AGA

Nothing stops a Contour
By NivekTS21

1995 Ford Contour Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I have a '95 Contour with over 160,000 miles on. No major repairs done whatsoever. I push that thing to its limits every single day, and it doesn't seem to mind at all. I've been in two accidents, both of which where the other vehicle was badly damaged, while my Contour has minor chipped paint and scatches. I ran over a median, popped two tires, bent two rims, but not a single other problem. The car didn't even need a wheel alignment. It's amazing what my Contour has put up with. I think my next car will be an SVT Contour.

Best College Car
By ksukymmie

1995 Ford Contour Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I brought my Ford Contour in 1999 and still have it in 2002. I have only had one minor problem with it and that occured when the "Check Engine" light came on. For the entire four years, I only paid 400$ in repairs for this car. It is still in excellent condition and remains a great reliable vehicle. I recommend this car to anyone out there. Good luck in your search!

Favorite Features

Cup holder, fabric on the doors, head rests, size of the truck.

Suggested Improvements

Improvments may remain within computer of the car. After 95,000 miles the "Check Engine" light comes on and the computer of the car needs a minor tune-up.