1995 Ford Contour Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Contour model:
I loves my Contour
By GFunk on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Contour Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

These are great cars, they just need to be maintained and cared for.

Ford Rocks!
By Bob Q. on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Contour Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Love this car, it's one of the best that I have ever had!

No problem car
By Lana on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Contour Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Bought this car almost 5 years ago, with almost 68K miles, and have not had any problems with this vehicle of any sort, just basic maintenance. It takes me where I need to get to, be it a local drive or a longer trip of a few hundred miles. A good car for the money paid and for a single girl with no knowledge of the mechanical/ car-related issues.

Great Car When it's Not at the Mechanic
By Alejandro on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Contour Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Car at the dealer for repairs six times in the first two years I owned it: EGR valves (?), catalytic converter, oxygen sensors, electrical system issues, and other stuff I have forgotten. Last 5 years: electrical system shorted out twice; check engine light on all the time; right rear suspension link broke, speedometer/odometer stopped working. All that being said I LOVE this car. The engine is powerful and fuel- efficient, the car is loaded with options and a joy to drive. Handling (before suspension problem) was incredible - like a European performance sedan.

167K and still running
By Rock_2 on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Contour Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This was my first car and I'm still driving it. Have had to deel with a few recalls on gas tank, seat belt bracket etc. Other issues included front wheel bearing, shock springs, air bag sensor and key lock. Most were under warranty, some were not. Dealership experience has been mixed. Some are good, others were horrible. I think I would probably avoid getting a first year launch car if I were to do it over again.

Watch out, it might implode!!!
By Ford Hater on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Contour Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I got this car from my mother when I was in a bit of a tight spot for transportation. Now I know why she wanted to get rid of it. V6 5speed was fun to drive and I nearly drove the engine right out of it. Fortunately I had it in for new front stuts and they found that the engine was missing 5 of the 8 mounting bolts. Over the ensuing months it lost the alternator, water pump, wheel bearings, and the check engine light keeps comming on (which leaves my mechanic at a loss.)

Reliable car
By Vara on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Contour Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Excellent car. Had it from 60,000 miles. Now it has 85,000 miles on it. Never had any kind of mechanical problem. I just made sure all the required maintenance is done as per the owners manual and oil changed every 3000 miles.

I LOVE MY CAR!!!!
By onehellofacutie on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Contour Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I Got this Car as a Replacement to another thinking that Sence I got Sure a Great deal oin it I would keep it untill I found something that would be Better. But now I Would never Give it up. I love it way too Much !!!!

OKAY
By Ursie on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Contour Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I think that it is an alright car, but definetily not the best I have ever been in before.

WONDERFUL CAR
By royal99 on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Contour Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This is the first car I have kept over 6 yrs. It is the most reliable car I have ever had. Only a few minor repairs over the last 8 yrs. It is a great car to take on a trip, great fuel economy. Easy and fun to drive. I love Ford products since they are built to last.