1995 Ford Contour 2.5L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 2

1995 Ford Contour - Consumer Reviews

SE Sedan (2.5L V6 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Contour model:
put me in debt
By put me in debt on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

i got this car with45000 miles on it . 24 valve v6 at first fast ,about a month later the transmission started acting up all the recalls electrical blinkers not working tail lights not working coolant light coming on but didnt need anything than at 10100 miles no oil leaks no overheating the motor just blows up .there is me and my 2 kids on the side of the expressway stranded no warnings transmission problems from day one never buy a ford they are known for bad transmissions

WOW A RUNNING FORD
By smits on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

I think the contour is the best Ford car there is. My Ford Contour Se has been running since day one there is been no major problems only some recalls none of which effected my auto. I have has it since aug of 95 and It has never has an oil change and it still runs wow. the end

Good Car for the Money
By Spider3455 on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

This has been a pretty good car. Other than routine work, I have only had to have the Water Pump replaced about about 75000 miles. Starts up every time, runs smooth and gets good gas mileage. I like the value of the car. Power moonroof, quality leather, and premium sound have all been great. If you take care of this car, it will take care of you.

A lot of fan, I love it.
By Vivi on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

I have owned my contour for about 2 years, and it has 69k miles, now it have 90K and I never have any problem. It needed + market. The design is from England. That is the reason whay is a "diferent Ford".

not again!
By steve64 on 10/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

It was a beautiful car. basically reliable, but many minor problems. Chrome bumper strips peeled off, low coolant light came on, water leaks inside car, power window kept going out and back on. Rode too hard for my tastes, especially impact harshness. V6 good on gas at 28 mpg, but short gearing kept the car revvy while accelerating. seetled down at cruise though. Handling seemed pretty good though and the car was quiet enough. Oh, it had the a/c go out and the intake plenum went bad causing an oil leak, both fixed under warranty or before purchase, great service from dealer, if a little inconvenient, but for $4000 what can i expect?

Zippy
By bquiner on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

This car has almost always performed superbly. It still has all of its zip after 85,000+ miles. The leather interior is very nice. No major mechanical repairs have been required.

Ford didn't market this gem very well
By calhykr on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

My grandparents bought a '95 SE with most of the goodies and let the car sit. I bought it at five years old with only 11,000 "grandparent" miles. To date, I have only had to tighten a coupling in the EGR system. The accompanying clicking-when-accelerating noise and 'check engine' light no longer happen. The cup holder is now broken, but the important things still function as they should now that the car is a ripe 7 years old with 24K miles.

The Fun Ends
By mpb on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

Very fun car to drive. Unfortunately, starting at about 85,000 miles, the problems begin. Everything from the usual Ford repairs (wheel bearings, recalls, etc) to more expensive engine repairs, which surprised me given Ford's lauding of the V6 engine. Two years ago a Ford service manager told me the Countour was not mechanically sound. Now I know what he was talking about.

Sad
By cag on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

The problems with all the recalls and having your wiring system burn up in the car and having to have it rewired three times has been a nightmare. The first two wirings were done in town and I finally had to take it to a dealership in another town to get any satisfaction. I was told that the transmission needed replacing around 80k miles. I have managed to put on around 24k at this time without replacing it. I made a point of having the car serviced, but I guess it didn't matter. The trunk has leaked from day one and never been able to fix it. I have almost decided at this writing to never buy another American made car again.

Lemon they missed
By ray man on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

Owned vehicle 3 months. The service interval was up did the maint. The trans filter is a JOKE.The speedo cable was snapped. On vacation, the timing "system" broke. Yes everything had to be replaced. Dealer noted this to be a common problem. The car was great for a month. Now it runs when it wants. It will run great, turn it off lucky if it will restart. Other hand, run like garbage and die when you pull out from a lite crank 20X it starts. (If it does)I don't trust my family in it any more. The dealer says "It seems perfectly fine to me, drove great" As we leave the lot, we almost get killed the great car died. $1400 parts replaced with no improvement. It's got to go.