Used 1995 Ford Contour Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Contour - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Contour model:

I love my car.
By marie46

1995 Ford Contour GL 4dr Sedan

Bought my car with 97,000 miles in 2010, my car currently has 119,000 miles and it runs beautifully. My car has never had working AC which has never bothered me I have never spent more then $200 in repairs when I replaced my timing system. This car has a bad rap, but if you take care of your car it will last a very long time. Every time I get an oil change it runs smoother then the time before. Currently my heating motor has gone out twice its a cheap part I just haven't bought the new one. $40 fills my tank I get great gas milage. My only complaint is I have no cup holders. Who makes a car with no cup holder? That is just silly.

Frustrated
By Frustrated in Iowa

1995 Ford Contour GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle in 2005 with only 23,000 miles on it. One-owner who passed away, sold by the children to me. At about 50k miles a number of things began to go wrong with it. Every 5k miles I was repairing something (and very expensive). Finally traded it in at 70,000 miles when the parking gear started to stick. I got alot of use out of it for what I paid for it, however repairing this sucker cost me a pretty penny. It was a beautiful looking car and many people just assumed it was newer. The body style is very nice. It was great on mileage (26mpg for me), but it was terrible in the snow. Timing chain busted.

Was a nice looking car that most people assumed was an 02 or 03 rather than the 1995 it was!

Expensive to repair - uncommon parts - unique parts.

Good Reliable Car
By Pro19Nova67

1995 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car used with 57,000 miles. The car now has over 129,000 and its been one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned. It's had few problems here and there but what car with that mileage doesn't? I've done all my own repairs and none have cost me over $200. It's never left me stranded, gets great gas mileage for a V6 and after all these years it still shines like new. I've never been big Ford fan until I owned this car. I highly recommend the Ford Contour.

Reliable engine.

Needs better cup holders, those things are ridiculous.

Never Again
By rjones

1995 Ford Contour SE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 2000 with only 30,000 miles on it and only one owner. 3 years later when it reached around 50,000 miles there have been nothing but issues. Transmission went out, all electrical has to be replaced, suspension replaced, constant alignments, $3,000 worth of work to fix a stalling issue. The list goes on. I will never own another contour again.

Seats are comfortable

It just keeps on going
By DSpike

1995 Ford Contour LX 4dr Sedan

Bought my 95 Contour LX with the 4-cyl 5-speed manual transmission. I've been trying to convince myself to buy another car for 6 years now - I have failed over and over again. This car certainly isn't flashy or super powerful, but believe or now it is fun to drive. The two big complaints with this car are ridiculous cup holders and not enough leg room in the back for adults. Mechanically I had issues with the OEM rear struts; had them replaced at 20K mi under warranty, then again at 35K mi. At 60K mi I had Midas install non-Ford struts. Am now pushing 215K mi with those same struts. Other than the usual maintenance, this car has been fantastic.

Excellent fuel economy (avg 33 mpg), fun to drive

New cupholder design, more legroom for rear seat passengers