2000 Ford Contour SVT 2.5L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - SVTOUR It has been great

2000 Ford Contour SVT - Consumer Review

SVTOUR It has been great
By svterriffic on

2000 Ford Contour SVT 4dr Sedan

I bought my 00 svt after owning a 96 tour seV6. Only problem with 96, wheel bearings, thats why I bought a 00 SVtour. It has been a great experience. The paint(silver) quality is far better than expected, no chips on front end. Otherwise, I always use synthetic oil, doesn't burn any.Goodrich KDW tires go quick at 23k, I like the twisties. I will have this car a long time. The exhaust is exotic. The wheels are bend proof. Emergency brake needs lubrication yearly. Not much for aftermarket stuff. Zero faults. Keep intake clean, change coolant,tranny fluid, brake fluid, p/s fluid, filters available at Walmart and you will have zero problems with this car.

Favorite Features

Power, exhaust, handling. Headlights. Looks.Reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Rear suspension, Handling overpowers it,not up to the task if the road is slightly uneven, bumpy. Ford, put an a/c switch for the defrost, I don't need it on everytime I use the defroster,let me save fuel when I can.Give me tire choices. goodrich and kumho are not a enough.