2000 Ford Contour SVT Consumer Review: Love the Contour

2000 Ford Contour SVT - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.5L V6 5-speed Manual)

Love the Contour
By pjefferson22 on

2000 Ford Contour SVT 4dr Sedan

I was kind of skeptical when I bought this car. I just recently before totaled my 96 Mustang GT. I loved that car and it broke my heart to have to purchase another vehicle. The Mustang was paid for and with being assigned risk I knew that I couldn't finance a Mustang and afford the insurance on it as well. I had seen this 2000 Contour SVT sitting on the lot at my local Ford dealership for a couple weeks. Very sharp looking car. Custom wheels, tinted windows, system, sunroof, leather interior....the whole 9 yards. So I decided to go see what they were asking for it. Didn't think I would like a 4 door. I signed the papers that day and I'm still driving it. It was love at first drive. It's awesome.

The handling...ground effects, moonroof, and well that little 2.5L DOHC packs a punch as well. It's a very sporty yet economical car.

The only thing I can think of is that pesky little passenger side cup holder. Nothing ever wants to stay in it. When someone rides with me they have to hold their beverage.