2000 Ford Contour SVT 2.5L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Fun to Drive, but lots

2000 Ford Contour SVT - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.5L V6 5-speed Manual)

Fun to Drive, but lots of little problem
By sdlundbe on

2000 Ford Contour SVT 4dr Sedan

Michelle, the hum may be the idle air valve. When stuck open it makes a loud hmmmm noise. The car is fun to drive, excellent handling on even pavement. Loses grip on potholed/uneven surface. I have never had a powertrain problem. It has great sounds, especially when I replaced the tires with quieter and equally grippy Kumho tires. I have however had many "feature" problems. My moonroof stuck in the popped position 3 times, the foglights burning out regularly, every 6 months. The TSB on the dash cover. The rear suspension squeeks on cold days. The stock radio was weak. The rear bumper fits poorly.

Favorite Features

The engine sounds is great. The handling is very good on smooth road. The radio sounds awesome now that I replaced it with all new speakers, head unit and a nice sub.

Suggested Improvements

Better fit and finish, more power (stock it is very slow), needs to roll and lean less in the turns, needs to go on a diet and lose 100-200 lbs. Better stock radio.