2000 Ford Contour SVT Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L V6 5-speed Manual - (20 reviews )
Awesome car
By BlackSVT on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Contour SVT Sedan 4dr Sedan

I looked for the perfect SVT Contour and found it after 1 1/2 years. I could not be happier with it.

SVTOUR It has been great
By svterriffic on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Contour SVT Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my 00 svt after owning a 96 tour seV6. Only problem with 96, wheel bearings, thats why I bought a 00 SVtour. It has been a great experience. The paint(silver) quality is far better than expected, no chips on front end. Otherwise, I always use synthetic oil, doesn't burn any.Goodrich KDW tires go quick at 23k, I like the twisties. I will have this car a long time. The exhaust is exotic. The wheels are bend proof. Emergency brake needs lubrication yearly. Not much for aftermarket stuff. Zero faults. Keep intake clean, change coolant,tranny fluid, brake fluid, p/s fluid, filters available at Walmart and you will have zero problems with this car.

Happy Camper
By PM on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Contour SVT Sedan 4dr Sedan

As close to a German sports sedan as you could get from a US maker. Wondeful car that few people recognize, but almost all compliment... especially after riding in it.

4-door Fun
By TMyers on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Contour SVT Sedan 4dr Sedan

Car has been wonderful for me. As of 08/01/03, it has just passed it's warranty period, and has only given me one check engine light (O2 Sensor) and an ABS Light (Wheel speed sensor)while I've had it. It is a real head turner, and performer. Sound system needs some work, and the squeaks and rattles get bad when the temp drops. If you can find one in good shape and low miles go for it, just whatch out for the water pump around 50,000 miles so I hear...

What are you waiting for...
By wadeness on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Contour SVT Sedan 4dr Sedan

It's a shame that Ford never continued with this saga of performance sedans. I have owned this car for 3 years now and when it comes to purchase a new one, this car is going into storage. She is so fun to drive and I don't think I could have gotten a better sedan for under $25. If you can score a used one, you owe it to yourself to only consider this Special Vehicle.

not worth buying
By juston on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Contour SVT Sedan 4dr Sedan

in the 3 years i've owned this car, the motor has blown, i'm now working on a 3rd transmission, there's electrical issues and fog lights that blow out about every 3-4 months. the car makes excessive noise when driving and when you're on the interstate you hear nothing but road noise. its loud enough to the point you almost cant talk on a cell phone. this quite possibly could be one of the worst investments someone could ever make!!!

Fun to Drive, but lots of little problem
By sdlundbe on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Contour SVT Sedan 4dr Sedan

Michelle, the hum may be the idle air valve. When stuck open it makes a loud hmmmm noise. The car is fun to drive, excellent handling on even pavement. Loses grip on potholed/uneven surface. I have never had a powertrain problem. It has great sounds, especially when I replaced the tires with quieter and equally grippy Kumho tires. I have however had many "feature" problems. My moonroof stuck in the popped position 3 times, the foglights burning out regularly, every 6 months. The TSB on the dash cover. The rear suspension squeeks on cold days. The stock radio was weak. The rear bumper fits poorly.

Fun but still a Ford
By Angelsfire on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Contour SVT Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my contour SVT in August of 2002. By far it is the fastest car I've owned (Prelude, Civic), and this is my favorite of the three. It's very comfortable, though not quite luxury, still very nice. The wheels and body kit do wonders for the look of the car, though I think I'll have to put either a new exuast, or at least tips. The best feature of the car is it's speed. It's not a big V8 sports car, but it gets up and goes. The suspension could be tighter, but that would take from the cars comfort.all in all I like the car.

the most under-rated svt/car
By SPY on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Contour SVT Sedan 4dr Sedan

i've had the car since it was brand new never had a problem i didn't cause (clutch/4 sets of tires). this car is fast and fun.it has beat plenty of cars that people think are fast.people think gt mustangs are fast, i've beat so many mustangs it's sad. i've gone head 2 head with M3's(95-99) S4's,svt cobras.CLK'S(which my mom owns and could'nt believe she got beat by a 6cyl ford.i had a man in a vette ask what was under the hood he was shocked when i told him.people might not believe me but my svt does 0-60 in 5.7 sec.1/4 mile in 14.3 thats fast for a 6cyl with about 220 horses (intake,chip,pulleys&susp.work 17 inch wheels 225/45 tires.

SssssVvvvvTtttt
By Genevax on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Contour SVT Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love my car. Power, performance, exhaust sound...Whew whoooo!!!! But, and it's a big but, I've had the in the shop 6-8 times since I've owned it with little thing here and there going wrong: O2 sensor replacement, fuel monitoring replacement, fluid sensor replacment, sunroof motor replacement, dashboard replacment.....I dread to think what it will be like at 50,000 miles as it only has 30,000 right now.