1999 Ford Contour SVT 2.5L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Good value for midsize sports

1999 Ford Contour SVT Sedan - Consumer Review

Good value for midsize sports sedan
By Johnny Tech on

1999 Ford Contour SVT 4dr Sedan

I enjoy driving this car. Excellent smooth performer. Great performance sound. While not super quick off the line it does pull strong across the entire power band and I've had the car at high speeds and it is smooth and tight. I've had to replace the sunroof motor in the short time I've owned it and the gas mileage leaves something to be desired (less then 20 mpg). Little rear leg room for the kids and the interior placement of the cupholders or interior storage isn't that great but hey, this is a driver's car. I have fun with it and it holds its own against other sports sedans like BMWs and you can get it for a fraction of the cost.

Favorite Features

Exhaust and motor tone during acceleration. The feel and performance. Sleeper look.

Suggested Improvements

Supercharger. Sunroof motor is porly designed.Some of the exterior body kit and trim is cheesy plastic. Poor rear legroom, cupholders and cabin storage limited and poorly placed / designed.