1999 Ford Contour SVT Consumer Review: 1999 Contour SVT

1999 Ford Contour SVT - Consumer Review

1999 Contour SVT
By anthonyangle0719 on

1999 Ford Contour SVT 4dr Sedan

I'm not sure about the previous owner of this car, I purchased it with 97000 miles on it. It now has 117000, I have dropped the tranny in this car 3 times in this time. When I bought it, 2 days later 3rd gear was found to be chipped and caused a grinding when shifting into it. Following that the shift control assembly failed, had that replaced for $600.00 from ford. Just recently the differential blew up! There are now 2 small holes in the transmission housing and finding a new differential or even an aftermarket lsd is not cheap by any means. Again I don't know how the car was driven or taken car of but it has caused me nothing but large problems since I bought it.

The exhaust note when utilizing rpm range without dual rear mufflers. The surprising pull through 1st and 2nd gear. Motor reliability.

Complete driveline! Front cup holders, not too many aftermarket performance items, and poor stock car audio.