Very Balanced Car
By csvt on
1998 Ford Contour SVT 4dr Sedan
I bought the car from a guy who had just put a new engine in it after the water pump blew at 63,000 miles. It runs like a champ. Exhaust sound is nice. Interior is very nice. Prior owner also had new clutch put in; he should have had the shifter forks and synchros done as well since I had to do that just recently. If you have transmission work done get it all done as labor is the killer for transmission work, as the parts aren't that much. Gets great mileage and is an awesome car in terms of speed. Very easy to go fast in this car. Great car for the $7500 I paid for it, plus my engine is under warranty still! I would buy another one in a heartbeat.
Favorite Features
Power of the engine, great pul,l 25 mpg city. Great value for the money. Keeps alighnment dead on spec after 12,000 miles.
Suggested Improvements
Need larger trunk. Trunk should pop open. Better engineered water pump. Stronger transmission. Better quality headlight lens (replacements are $125 each). Better handling - (seems average, may be a function of the no name tires on it). Power passenger seat.