If you can find one get one
By SVTbeliever on
1998 Ford Contour SVT 4dr Sedan
I found this car looking for a used vehicle in the 2-3k range. This car was listed for $2999 on a used Honda lot. The manager thought it was a regular Contour model and I snatched it up after the test drive. It had over 160k miles on it when I bought it, but ran like a new car. I wasn't sure when looking at it from the outside, but when I say in the driver's seat I felt at home. I have never had as much fun driving any other car. This isn't the fastest car, or prettiest car. This is a car that will give you extreme value and enjoyment no matter what type of driving you do. Not built as a speed machine, but can accelerate easily through winding roads. Great tires are a MUST!
Favorite Features
Engine growl, leather seats. This car was made with only a manual transmission, as any sport car should. I drive this car as fast as I feel safe to in city traffic and still get over 22 mpg.
Suggested Improvements
Highway mileage would be better if the 5th gear were stretched a bit. Small issues with quality used in switches and the like...typical Ford problems. Other than that, Ford can stand proud in manufacturing this car.