1998 Ford Contour SVT 2.5L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Fun to drive... when it

1998 Ford Contour SVT - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.5L V6 5-speed Manual)

Fun to drive... when it worked!
By Alex on

1998 Ford Contour SVT 4dr Sedan

I did not keep this car for long. I loved it when I bought it, and I still loved it when I sold it 2 weeks ago. The performance didn't disappoint, trust me, unless you are used to a huge V8, this car won't. The exhaust burble sounded great, but it couldn't make up for the downfalls. In 15,000 miles I had to replace numerous items that were not wear items at all. The seats got lots of wear in them in the time that I owned the car, even though I conditioned them every other week. The last straw was the trunk. It had a leak that I couldn't get to stop, so I decided to cut my losses and sell it while I was still ahead... or behind!

Favorite Features

Exhaust burble, power driver's seat, 5 speed, sleeper styling, V8 power from a small V6, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Make cars that don't let the outside in! Also, better quality leather and plastics would be nice. The headlights shouldn't fog up so much. And if there were a little bit better ground clearance, I wouldn't have shaved off so much of the ground effects on driveways and stuff!