2016 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:

Suprised
By Shannon Y

2016 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love the car & its features, but very, very disappointed in the cheap plastic surrounding the rear view mirror. I cannot put up a sun shade without it falling off. Truly, had I known this would have been a deal-breaker. I'm in TX and need to be able to use a shade.

2016 replacement of totaled 2014 ford c-max
By D moore

2016 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Good handling car with considerable head and leg room front and back, acceleration is great for a hybrid but OK overall. The fuel economy does vary depending on your driving habits (acceleration/braking habits) and use of heater/air ranging from upper 30s to 45 mpg. I averaged just over 45 mpg (about 50/50 mix city/highway) with my 2014 ford c-max which had 23K miles on it when it was totaled when a driver ran a red light and hit the driver side door around 30 mph. I am impressed with design and safety features. The side curtain airbags and driver seat air bag deployed with glass hitting side curtain airbag as opposed to me or my 12 year old daughter who walked away without scratch. The technology is better with synch3 with apps and nav system.

Happy Camper
By J Pyott

2016 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The wife and I traded in our 2014 Subaru Outback for the 2016 C-max Hybrid. Originally we wanted family road trips which made the Outback our best choice. 2 yrs later we changed to RV travel and our Outback became a commuting car for the wife. So we started thinking about changing that out for something we could eventually Flat Tow behind us. The C-max is on the 2016 dingy list and being a hybrid just made it even more interesting to us. I'm tall 6'4" so entering the C-max was a concern but I didn't bump my head while getting in nor was I looking directly into the visor. Amazingly the headroom in this car is simply A+ for tall people, I have a fist worth of clearance. My wife is 5', she likes the taller seating the C-max has over the Prius models. Everything adjustable is able to accommodate both our needs, something the Prius couldn't do. Our research showed the 2016 C-max Hybrid can be used as a Dingy (flat towed behind an RV) double bonus for our future plan's, Prius isn't on that list. We did read of a few people with negative experience with their C-max, but that can happen to anyone. Seeing positive reviews out numbered the negative. we went ahead and purchased however we did go with the extended warranty, just in case. Wanted a nice Hybrid that we can tow behind an RV (Dingy) this meets our needs. So far, I can say this car has been FUN to drive just like all the Video Reviews said. Most liked features, Sync 3, Great visibility from inside, small blind spot mirror, quiet interior and smooth highway ride. We purchased the 302A package only. If I could think of anything I would want added, it would be MEMORY SEATING and LUMBAR for passenger.

Unrepairable
By sandee brisbine

2016 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Car purchased in June 2016 in the Bay Area. It ran less than 40 miles and had to be picked up by a Ford dealership as it would not start. It is now going on seven (7) weeks later and I still do not have the car. Since this happened, both Ford Motor Co. as well as the selling dealership have made many promises. There has been no actual follow-through and I still do not know the exact status of the car, nor have I received any return of payment for the vehicle. It seems that neither Ford, nor the selling dealership, are at all concerned that I paid in full for a vehicle that would not run after 40 miles and that I still do not have after seven weeks. I hope this helps you think twice before purchasing a Ford product!

2016 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL
By Cyrus E Phillips IV

2016 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If you prepared for a rolling computer, this vehicle is for you.