Used 2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:

Impressed!
By Karen

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought this car on a whim 18 months ago and have been impressed with the handling and fuel efficiency. We now have 50,000+ miles and with the warmer weather(50+) am seeing 45+ mpg which is impressive for the high percentage of highway driving. And while I am a conservative driver when accelerating and braking this car is VERY responsive when needed for merging into high speed traffic. I've also never had a car hug the road as well as this car on sharp curves. Only once did the car not start and had to be towed to the dealer. After replacing a faulty part in the ignition the only other service has been the 10,000 mile oil changes. If we continue to have the same experience for the next 50-70,000 miles we will be most satisfied with this purchase.

TOO MANY PROBLEMS FOR LESS THAN 2 YEARS OLD
By Lacey

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

we had to replace the Brakes and rotors in the rear after 6 months of owning the cmax. Now we are being told the whole suspension, rotors, brakes is shot and needs replaced again after having a year and half. This should not be happening. Had to replace the windshield and now the automatic wipers don't work, plus there is only two speeds on the wipers too slow and super fast and even the super fast doesn't work well. The clock will not stay on time, and the electronics went crazy on me. radio randomly shutting off, could no longer get text messages to come in. There is a roaring in the back so you can barely talk to the person next you, for a hybrid it is not quiet on the highway!

Now there are some good things about the car. I love space in the front and back seat. Easy to get my daughters carseat in and out and I love the MPG but with all the mechanically issue with only owning for a year and half I am not happy.

We LOVE it!
By Rick_M

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have our C-Max Hybrid for about 4 months & love it! My wife drives 22 miles 1/way to work and during the winter months she has seen 50 MPG on her drive and 4 month average of about 39 MPG. Now that it has warmed up she has seen 52.9 MPG over the 22 mile drive. I am a engineer and I will say I am impressed with the hybrid control system! Very smooth when gas engine starts/stops. We have learned to leave the heater off for short trips in town because if you have the heater turned on it will start the gas engine to give heat but in a one mile trip it's not going to warm it anyway. Leaving the heater off it will drive via electric vehicle.

Great gas mileage, seats sit up higher, great head room, heated seats (awesome in Wisconsin). We would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a comfortable commuter car. We bough a extra warranty to cover all electronics for seven years.

The voice recognition for navigation system has problems understanding words at times, but the manual entry works great. The light grey seats show dirt easy, we have small dog and his foot prints show. A darker grey would be nice.

Could not be more pleased with our C-MAX
By redneb1

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

!0,000 miles, 9 months. Getting 44 MPG all around. Very quiet, extremely comfortable, good performance. Have had zero issues. This is the first new car I have owned that hasn't had some defect in the first year. Better than 2 new Toyota's I have owned. Gauges / dash info system is excellent. Sound system is excellent. Fit/finish excellent. Glad to buy a car like this made in Michigan by UAW.

Gauges, info system, sound system, ride/handling, fuel economy, performance. Passing power is impressive. Floor it and 2.0 gas motor+ electric power is a hoot.

a bit more carggo space behind the back seat would be welcome

Great Commuter Car
By knahs39

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I LOVE my C-Max. I've had it since the end of July and have 3,700 miles on it. I've averaged 44 mpg on my daily commute over several hills. The colder weather has now dropped it down to 39 mpg but that is still excellent. The ride is quiet, the seats are comfortable, and the Ford MyTouch/Sync system was very easy to figure out and is very easy to use. On my second year and still love this car - still average 44 mpg on my daily commute in the spring/summer/fall and 40 during the winter months. My only complaint on this car is it is hard to park so I would recommend to anyone to get the auto parking feature.