2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid 2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Great car, worth taking the

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid - Consumer Review

SE Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Great car, worth taking the time to consider
By geobf on

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very happy with the car after 2200 miles and averaging 44 MPG in a mix of highway and city during my normal commute. Think of the car as a mini-minvan - some cargo capacity (not a ton without dropping the back seat) but a solid commuter vehicle. Will run on electric power up to about 65 MPH. Cute efficiency monitor to train you on best MPG. Driving over 70 will run engine all the time for lowest MPG. Definitely shop for the base SE model - much better deal and the manual cloth seats work just fine. I avoided the MyTouch radio and glad I did. Replaced an Escape hybrid so I knew about driving a hybrid but no problems with learning how to keep it on electric often.

Favorite Features

Great mileage, decent seats, easy to fold down seats. Rear seat A/C vent. Got the automatic open rear gate (not the foot waving one) nice touch. Radio and cruise controls on the steering wheel work well.

Suggested Improvements

A radio with just knobs or anything resembling a decent user interface. No manual lock knobs, only a tiny light on the dash. No clue how to get voice command to work so I don't use it. A/C controls not my favorite would prefer older style manual controls.