2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid Consumer Review: C-Max 2014 performing well ...

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid - Consumer Review

SE Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

C-Max 2014 performing well ...but didn't start the other morning
By richard_brown on

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had the C-Max for 3 month, and it's *great*. I'm above 52 MPG in my little commutes around our generally flat Southwest town -- have not taken it on freeway or long trips. It's very comfortable for the driver and passenger (not sure about that back seat), is zippy when it needs to be, and it's nice being elevated like a mini-SUV. I don't use the Sync system except for my MP3 player which sounds good. I'm spooked by the refuse-to-start reviews...and the other day the battery was dead! I just returned from a month-long trip, so I'm hoping that's the cause...and Ford is working on the issue judging by the forum posts at fordcmaxhybridforum.com...but still!!!

Car has great MPG. The seating is elevated like a mini-SUV. Car has decent acceleration in busy traffic or when otherwise needed. There is plenty of storage for a small car. The economy gauges keep me busy. The seating is comfortable.

You only get 2 keys, and buying another costs $200+. Is that really necessary? There is no spare tire, not even a short-term spare...they give you a tire-sealing kit. I guess this makes sense for an around-town car, but it makes me nervous for any long trips. Can we get a spare tire option? The between-front-seats storage compartment is barely wide enough for CDs, making it hard to remove them. Could it be a half-inch wider?