2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:
Could not be more pleased with our C-MAX
By redneb1 on 11/27/14 21:21 PM (PST)

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

!0,000 miles, 9 months. Getting 44 MPG all around. Very quiet, extremely comfortable, good performance. Have had zero issues. This is the first new car I have owned that hasn't had some defect in the first year. Better than 2 new Toyota's I have owned. Gauges / dash info system is excellent. Sound system is excellent. Fit/finish excellent. Glad to buy a car like this made in Michigan by UAW.

Great Commuter Car
By knahs39 on 11/21/14 09:59 AM (PST)

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I LOVE my C-Max. I've had it since the end of July and have 3,700 miles on it. I've averaged 44 mpg on my daily commute over several hills. The colder weather has now dropped it down to 39 mpg but that is still excellent. The ride is quiet, the seats are comfortable, and the Ford MyTouch/Sync system was very easy to figure out and is very easy to use.

Great car, worth taking the time to consider
By geobf on 07/16/14 17:35 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very happy with the car after 2200 miles and averaging 44 MPG in a mix of highway and city during my normal commute. Think of the car as a mini-minvan - some cargo capacity (not a ton without dropping the back seat) but a solid commuter vehicle. Will run on electric power up to about 65 MPH. Cute efficiency monitor to train you on best MPG. Driving over 70 will run engine all the time for lowest MPG. Definitely shop for the base SE model - much better deal and the manual cloth seats work just fine. I avoided the MyTouch radio and glad I did. Replaced an Escape hybrid so I knew about driving a hybrid but no problems with learning how to keep it on electric often.

C-Max 2014 performing well ...but didn't start the other morning
By richard_brown on 06/17/14 22:28 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had the C-Max for 3 month, and it's *great*. I'm above 52 MPG in my little commutes around our generally flat Southwest town -- have not taken it on freeway or long trips. It's very comfortable for the driver and passenger (not sure about that back seat), is zippy when it needs to be, and it's nice being elevated like a mini-SUV. I don't use the Sync system except for my MP3 player which sounds good. I'm spooked by the refuse-to-start reviews...and the other day the battery was dead! I just returned from a month-long trip, so I'm hoping that's the cause...and Ford is working on the issue judging by the forum posts at fordcmaxhybridforum.com...but still!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon in VA is:

$208 per month*