2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:

We LOVE it!
By Rick_M

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have our C-Max Hybrid for about 4 months & love it! My wife drives 22 miles 1/way to work and during the winter months she has seen 50 MPG on her drive and 4 month average of about 39 MPG. Now that it has warmed up she has seen 52.9 MPG over the 22 mile drive. I am a engineer and I will say I am impressed with the hybrid control system! Very smooth when gas engine starts/stops. We have learned to leave the heater off for short trips in town because if you have the heater turned on it will start the gas engine to give heat but in a one mile trip it's not going to warm it anyway. Leaving the heater off it will drive via electric vehicle.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, seats sit up higher, great head room, heated seats (awesome in Wisconsin). We would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a comfortable commuter car. We bough a extra warranty to cover all electronics for seven years.

Suggested Improvements

The voice recognition for navigation system has problems understanding words at times, but the manual entry works great. The light grey seats show dirt easy, we have small dog and his foot prints show. A darker grey would be nice.

Could not be more pleased with our C-MAX
By redneb1

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

!0,000 miles, 9 months. Getting 44 MPG all around. Very quiet, extremely comfortable, good performance. Have had zero issues. This is the first new car I have owned that hasn't had some defect in the first year. Better than 2 new Toyota's I have owned. Gauges / dash info system is excellent. Sound system is excellent. Fit/finish excellent. Glad to buy a car like this made in Michigan by UAW.

Favorite Features

Gauges, info system, sound system, ride/handling, fuel economy, performance. Passing power is impressive. Floor it and 2.0 gas motor+ electric power is a hoot.

Suggested Improvements

a bit more carggo space behind the back seat would be welcome

Great Commuter Car
By knahs39

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I LOVE my C-Max. I've had it since the end of July and have 3,700 miles on it. I've averaged 44 mpg on my daily commute over several hills. The colder weather has now dropped it down to 39 mpg but that is still excellent. The ride is quiet, the seats are comfortable, and the Ford MyTouch/Sync system was very easy to figure out and is very easy to use.

Favorite Features

Miles per gallon Large front window provides great view Cargo space

Suggested Improvements

Easier to maneuver and turn Sliding arm rest so shorter people can use it Offer options separately, not as part of expensive package

Great car, worth taking the time to consider
By geobf

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very happy with the car after 2200 miles and averaging 44 MPG in a mix of highway and city during my normal commute. Think of the car as a mini-minvan - some cargo capacity (not a ton without dropping the back seat) but a solid commuter vehicle. Will run on electric power up to about 65 MPH. Cute efficiency monitor to train you on best MPG. Driving over 70 will run engine all the time for lowest MPG. Definitely shop for the base SE model - much better deal and the manual cloth seats work just fine. I avoided the MyTouch radio and glad I did. Replaced an Escape hybrid so I knew about driving a hybrid but no problems with learning how to keep it on electric often.

Favorite Features

Great mileage, decent seats, easy to fold down seats. Rear seat A/C vent. Got the automatic open rear gate (not the foot waving one) nice touch. Radio and cruise controls on the steering wheel work well.

Suggested Improvements

A radio with just knobs or anything resembling a decent user interface. No manual lock knobs, only a tiny light on the dash. No clue how to get voice command to work so I don't use it. A/C controls not my favorite would prefer older style manual controls.

C-Max 2014 performing well ...but didn't start the other morning
By richard_brown

2014 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had the C-Max for 3 month, and it's *great*. I'm above 52 MPG in my little commutes around our generally flat Southwest town -- have not taken it on freeway or long trips. It's very comfortable for the driver and passenger (not sure about that back seat), is zippy when it needs to be, and it's nice being elevated like a mini-SUV. I don't use the Sync system except for my MP3 player which sounds good. I'm spooked by the refuse-to-start reviews...and the other day the battery was dead! I just returned from a month-long trip, so I'm hoping that's the cause...and Ford is working on the issue judging by the forum posts at fordcmaxhybridforum.com...but still!!!

Favorite Features

Car has great MPG. The seating is elevated like a mini-SUV. Car has decent acceleration in busy traffic or when otherwise needed. There is plenty of storage for a small car. The economy gauges keep me busy. The seating is comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

You only get 2 keys, and buying another costs $200+. Is that really necessary? There is no spare tire, not even a short-term spare...they give you a tire-sealing kit. I guess this makes sense for an around-town car, but it makes me nervous for any long trips. Can we get a spare tire option? The between-front-seats storage compartment is barely wide enough for CDs, making it hard to remove them. Could it be a half-inch wider?