Used 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:

Maximum cuteness
By meowmag

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had a Prius and would choose the C-Max over that any day. It is a more comfortable ride and has better visibility and a better driving position. Surprisingly, the cargo area is about the same and the back seat on this cute little C-Max is fantastically roomy. I think it's the head room that makes a real difference in the roomy feel of it. GET the SEL!

Relax With A C-Max
By Linda McCosky

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really love my C-Max! It is comfortable for both me and my 6'3" inch husband. It handles nicely and I get great mpg - usually well over 40mpg in the nice weather and about 35mpg in cold weather. The only things that could stand to be improved is: when I am using the hands-free phone system, my caller hears a lot of engine noise, so it is not easy to have a conversation; when I am braking for a stop, and I hit a bump, the cars skids forward a bit. Also, in my particular model, there was a defect in the transmission, so my transmission was replaced (under warranty) before I hit 60,000 miles. But actually, now that I had that done, I know I can keep my car for at least another 100,000 miles! All in all, this is the best car I've ever owned. I enjoy using the GPS, the sound system is great and there is sufficient room in the back seat for passengers to be comfortable.

C-Max rocks
By Mary Baker

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my "new" 2013 C-Max - solid feel, roomy and comfortable ride, and the gas mileage is fantastic . No regrets with this purchase!

C-Max beats Prius hands down
By Foxy C-Max

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Navigation system is great. Best mileage when in town, highway driving brings it down. Better handling, acceleration and creature comforts than a Prius. Full golf bag won't fit across cargo area, need to lower one side of rear seats.

2013 C Max give it a try !!!!
By CM

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was looking for upgrading from my Ford Focus which is an excellent car also. My husband talked me into considering a Hybrid. I thought the Prius was the most ugliest hybrid on the market. I have owned several Ford vehicles in the past. And have never had problems with needing repairs on any of them. So we went to our local Ford Dealership in March 2014. We test drove the 2013 C Max SE. And knew this was the vehicle for us. We have never had any problems with the vehicle since we owned it. The gas milage was a little under what was stated by Ford. We ended up getting a check in the mail to compensate for the incorrect stated mpg. It is a good vehicle because it's easy to get into,with two knee replacements and hip problem ,I would recommend this vehicle for someone that has disabilities. The vehicle handles really good in good weather. It hugs the corners and when you need to accelerate the vehicle is very responsive. I was surprised that this hybrid had so much acceleration power. Because of the electric and gas motors working at the same time. when accelerating the power is unbelievable and has more horsepower the a gas engine. Though I really wish I would have gotten the 2014 C Max SEL instead because the options were exactly what I was looking for. Like the lumber support, backup camera instead of the backup assistance and leather heated seats. We had taken a road trip from Minnesota to LasVegas during Christmas and New years. The vehicle was a comfortable long distance drive. The only draw back on the 2013 C Max SE is that the seats were very uncomfortable. So uncomfortable that my husband had to stop at the emergency room along the way because his back was causing chronic pain from the drivers seat. The SE model didn't have the lumbar support. That is why I would recommend the SEL model with the adjustable lumber support if you are taking any long distance trips. My Ford Focus was an SE also and had very uncomfortable seats . I think Ford could improve the front seats because they are very uncomfortable. The other issues we had with the C Max is in rain and snow the vehicle doesn't handle good at all. When the two motors work together it makes the vehicle hard to control expecially after it snows. I think it may have something to do with the kind of factory tires. They are not a very aggressive tire because it keeps the MPG up to standards. Also because of oxeginated gas that Minnesota uses in the winter the gas milage is less than in the warmer months. I have purchased a second vehicle for winter driving that has a gas engine.