You bought a Hybrid? and a Ford?
By wamba2000 on
2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I have bought close to 20 new vehicles while I have been driving, american cars, european, asian, etc. The C-Max is the first Ford product since the late 1980's. The reaction from my friends is really interesting, can't believe I got a Hybrid, and if I wanted Hybrid, why not a Prius. The CMax was the first Hybrid that appealed to me, Main reasons: - wanted a hatchback capable of moving a larger item than would fit in a trunk. - wanted all the toys that are available in higher end vehicles - wanted gas mileage in commuting that would hit at least the mid-30s - had to have enough power to get out of its own way. It delivers on all of these. Had the car 2.5 weeks, it is put together!
Favorite Features
I Like: - Sony 9 speaker sound system - Sync system, learned a few commands and keeps your hands on the wheel driving - Dash displays - can be customized to large degree, shows fuel usage and Electric usage - EV+ mode- keeps in Electric mode when nearing a frequent stop ( home, work, etc.) to use less fuel - Handling and ride - precise and firm for as heavy a car as it is - Mileage - on first tank, getting over 37mpg while learning how to maximize fuel economy - Build quality - one little rattle when new, everything else works as expected, feels very solid and quiet
Suggested Improvements
- Mileage - funny it can be in both categories. EPA ratings at 47mpg set unrealistic expectations of some owners. Ford's fault? I don't think so, they followed the testing process the EPA set up. It would be more accurate to say "around 40mpg" and "your mileage will vary based on temperature, driving style, etc." Look past the discussion, the C-Max is a wonderful car. - Would love to have cooled seats as well as the heated ones. Higher end cars are already having them. - Better lighting - the headlamps seem weak in my night driving. I know I can replace bulbs and get slightly better lighting, but what about HID in the top models?