2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Consumer Review: Very nice car, I and boys like

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid - Consumer Review

SE Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Very nice car, I and boys like it very much
By edisonfrank on

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great milage. When drive carefully, I constantly get 52 MPG. However, during raining days and cold days, the MPG lower than 47MPG. I think rain will cause the road resistance higher. During cold time, the car always try to start the engine to keep itself warm, probably afraid of freezing transmission fluid or other fluid. The key thing to get best MPG is to use EV mode as much as possible, especially when car moving from stop to go. Gasoline engine does not have the best efficiency during low speed, electric motor does not have that problem. After car moving at 15mile speed then step on gas more to let gas engine bring the car to 45 mile speed. Do not drive more than 60Miles/h on freeway.

The control of the car is really a nice design. It shows you which part is moving, gas engine or electrical motor. Your break score is also helping. The high ceiling is also my most favorite. I tried to buy Prius last year, however, the small Prius was so hard for me to get in. I had to bend my back to get in and out. With C-MAX, I can get in and out easily. Very comforable for me. The leg room is also much bigger not only the front row, but also the back row.

If I were Ford, I will update firmware to make the electric motor start moving more, make user easily to control running on battery or gas. The break is also too easy to engage the break pad, should give user more travel in engage the regeneration.