2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Consumer Review: TRADED IN FOR A PRIUS AFTER 10

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid - Consumer Review

SE Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

TRADED IN FOR A PRIUS AFTER 10 MONTHS
By tradedcmax on

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After only 10 months, I traded it in for a Prius. Why? The NHTSA recall for the interior crash protection problem was the final straw. The fact I never got more than 37mpg, the fact that the multiple build quality issues were never fully resolved, and the fact that the dealer kept denying problems were all reasons I did this. And trading this in didn't come cheaply - took a $4000 hit on the trade. The dealer was quick to point out the recall. I loved driving the car. The only driving complaint was the turning radius seemed large for the size car. That is after you get used to the constant noises. Strut plate, creaking frame, etc. Very annoying.

Favorite Features

I loved the sound deadening system. That worked flawlessly. I liked not having to stoop down to get into the car. I liked the way it drives.

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to make this a top safety pick at the IIHS and a 5 star car over at the NHTSA. In addition, they need to address the many build quality problems. And lastly they need to be honest about the MPG you will receive vs. what it is rated at. I achieved no more than 37mpg and even less in winter. And this is after driving it very prudently.