2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid 2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Sold my Prius to buy

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid - Consumer Review

Sold my Prius to buy this. Mileage is stuck at 39
By paulroberts on

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

To start with let me say that I really like my C-Max. The 47/47 mileage rating however is a joke. I have been trying so hard to get my mileage up higher and it just isn't going up. I now have 2,400 miles on the car with City mileage about 70%. I sold my 2007 Prius to buy this. Was ready for a new car, needed more space. Looked at several other models including the Prius V. The C-Max is just more fun to drive, quieter great build quality with a couple of exceptions. Coming out of a Prius I am used to babying the car, drifting into red lights and stops, watching up ahead to let the accelerator off early. I don't punch it ever except to get on the freeway. With all that just 39.3 mpg.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive Good fit and finish Love the instrument panel, and Efficiency Leaves Design of dash is just beautiful.

Suggested Improvements

Don't Lie about the Mileage Trunk auto lift only works 70% of the time. Sync doesn't come up sometimes for a minute or two. Tried to buy a model without Nav system. The voice sync command completely failed to work for me or the salesperson on three cars in a row. Changed to a car with nav and voila, worked perfectly. Pretty embarrassing for the dealer and Ford Seats could be better. Single rear seat flip down only works if you first move the front seat all the way forward.
By jeffjamieson
on 05/14/13 06:25 AM (PDT)

Are you sure the front seat needs to be slid all the way forward in order to fold the rear seats? Did you know the rear headrests can fold down? With the headrests down, the rear seat back swings forward and doesn't take up nearly as much space, which should allow the front seat to remain in a comfortable position. I can only assume (no offense) that maybe you weren't shown this? Try it. :)