2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Consumer Review: Love/Hate Relationship

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid - Consumer Review

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid

SE Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Love/Hate Relationship
By caliny on

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I loved the CMax on sight. I happily looked forward to the awesome 47mpg promised on the sticker. I drove off the lot a convert to Ford. I got over that
quickly. 33 days to be exact, when a tire blew out. Then a few days later, a second tire blew out. Ford said I hit a curb. I didn't. They said it was Michelin's fault. Then came the recalls, the USB connector that won't stay anchored inside the console, the audio that doesn't always work (they blame my iPhone), lame SYNC services, and the lies about the fuel economy. I am getting 41-42 MPG. Nice from the 25 my last car got, but I live in fear of tires blowing out (no spare/donut). I would trade it in if I could afford to.

Heated seats that came with it are lovely. Who knew? I like how high I sit, almost makes me think I am in an SUV. The quiet engine is a plus. Head room in both the front and rear seats is awesome.

Since you won't put a real sunroof, I suggest those little triangle windows in the front open like cars in "olden days" had (my dad's '72 Dodge Dart). It would do wonders for the air circulation and since they could open in line with the side mirrors, you wouldn't lose much (any) aerodynamics. Stop lying about gas mileage.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review