2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Consumer Review: STRANDED REPETEDLY!

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid - Consumer Review

SE Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

STRANDED REPETEDLY!
By kupono on

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Everything is great except the quality.

We purchased a C-Max for our business and it has been a disaster.
When it works we loved it... Is it worth it to have a vehicle that may leave you stranded at any point?
"NO."
You cannot unlock doors without power.
We have had to abandon the vehicle and use an alternate to get our work done on three occasions.

I was so pleased to give Ford another chance but what a disappointment.

Do not buy this car until they figure out the bugs and fix them.
I will never buy another Ford.

Displays are clear and nice looking. Decent styling.

Fix the electrical systems! This car has died three times and gone to the dealership each time. Sure it is under warranty but I wish it was under the sea. Nothing like being stranded three times by a brand new vehicle. Boo Ford.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By areuu
on 04/04/14 13:48 PM (PDT)

I've had the same problem twice in two weeks. I was in FL, 3,500 miles from home and wondered if I'd ever get back. Each time I had to call AAA for a jump which started the car which I then took directly to a Ford dealer, and was told they couldn't find anything wrong. Upon return from the dealer the second time, I noticed the power windows were not working properly. There is something seriously wrong with the electronics in these vehicles and I am getting rid of it as soon as I can. I did get back to Washington state without any further problems, but I was very nervous about traveling across country in a vehicle I didn't trust anymore.

By negarden
on 05/27/14 15:08 PM (PDT)

My 2013 C-Max hybrid has 3900 miles on it. I have been stranded six times since leasing this vehicle. Dealership cannot fix so I am waiting for a call from the regional manager to find out my options. Am hoping the 2014 C-Max hybrid doesn't have this electrical problem because I love the rest of my C-Max.