2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Consumer Review: One year in, still a happy cam

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid - Consumer Review

SE Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

One year in, still a happy camper.
By hotpotato on

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm over a year and 15,000 miles into ownership now. Car is holding up nicely. Since late 2012, Ford has issued several updates and recalls for the car to increase safety, MPG, and reliability. This may damage consumer magazine reliability scores, but results in a safer, more economical, more reliable car for all current and future owners -- I admire Ford for doing it. My mileage went up 1-2 MPG after the new software, for instance, from 36-37 to 37-38.

Favorite Features

Drives like a sport sedan. Hauls stuff like a small truck. Gets MPG like a flyweight subcompact. (And it's random, but I really like the design of the wheels.) Recently found a new favorite. Got an iPhone paired to your C-Max? Press its Home button and you're talking to Siri via Bluetooth. Now you've got voice-activated navigation, voice-activated text messaging, etc. via your phone! (get a dash mount).

Suggested Improvements

The user interface of the touch-screen stereo has been criticized, but make no mistake: the user interface of the base stereo is also very poor. The sound quality of the base stereo is no prize either, and upgrading an integrated factory system in a modern car costs thousands, not hundreds. (As I discovered the hard way.) So if you like music and can afford it, get the optional Sony stereo.