Best car I own
By alexinmemphis on
2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I would probably be slightly disappointed if I'd paid full price for my C-Max. We bought ours used with 7k miles on it. It now has 12k. When I bought the car, the lifetime mileage was 32 mpg. Now it's 37. Hybrids are still cars. The person who previously owned this vehicle had a very short drive cycle. If you drive a short distance- less than 5 miles, you can't expect anything to get the EPA rating. My wife drives 5 miles per day. Important- be aware of the tire inflation sticker. I thought my Cmax handled like a badly, but the dealer only put 32 psi in the tires- the sticker says 42! Make sure your tires are properly inflated, the sticker is in the driver's door jamb.
Favorite Features
The acceleration is extremely surprising! The car is designed to run on 87 octane, and fuel economy doesn't appear to increase with octane. What 93 does increase is your ability to accelerate- especially at highway speeds. I know I'm supposed to be driving this thing to get good fuel economy, but I love when I get the chance to drop it into L and floor it at highway speeds. This car is extremely fun to drive, and as quiet as a Mercedes. I'm not just saying that, I've owned a 300 before.
Suggested Improvements
LED headlights and exterior lighting would reduce power consumption and increase fuel economy at night. Prius owners must use premium fuel, why not increase the compression ratio to 14:1 and make CMax owners do the same? The power and efficiency would be worth it. Bump guards on the side Power passenger seat in SEL trim. Grand C-Max PHEV, enough said.