2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Consumer Review: MoreTimeNeeded

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid - Consumer Review

SEL Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

By researchpays on

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The only reason I'm rating it low on comfort is the seats. Hard seats, with leather and heaters. But all the cars I test drove had hard seats - Subarus, Toyotas, Hondas.

C-Max Hybrid is a great little zipper. Overtakes other traffic easily. Ease of entry and exit - no banging head or knees while getting out or in. Good storage space (but do keep in mind, this is not an SUV).

I hope the C-Max will prove to be a great decision, as I spent the better part of 5 months reading articles, driving cars, comparing all aspects. My last car - Nissan Murano-2004 traded it in, before that Nissan Pathfinder 1996 and still running.

I would have rated fuel economy as great, but for the fact that it is not the top of the line MPG. It is close to great. Just not perfection. I fill up once every two weeks, and it costs me on average $23.00 to do so. Only once have I achieved over 40MPG's. Mostly it holds around 37 to 39MPG's. 90% of my miles are city. But I do make the quarterly trip to upper Vermont, and the quarterly trip to upper NY state. Those longer road trips go by with ease, and mostly a feeling of comfort. I would recommend this car for the single driver, the small family with one child, and even the person who heads to the box store a lot to load up on supplies. The back seats lay down flat and are a really great help.

My first ever Ford, so
there is a lot at stake here - the Ford reputation. Ford, don't let me down now.

• Acceleration
  • Electronics
  • Maintenance cost
  • Warranty

• Navigation

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review