Review for Base Model
By lmg911 on
2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Before I purchased my C-Max I read the online reviews. I continue to do this and am surprised that most posters complain that they don't get the 'advertised' mileage. Well I felt compelled to write. This car teaches you how to change your driving habits to actually get the 47mpg . If you pay enough attention to it and learn to use the gauges (complicated) you will get the 47mpg. In my case , I've become obsessive and actually get better mileage. Actual mileage also depends on the terrain where you live. Hill country gets less then the flats of the mid-west. But I live in New England so .... Also , if you use the heat/ac it will cost you 1 mpg. Extremely happy with my purchase. !!!
Favorite Features
I like the new materials that Ford came up with for the seats. It repels everything and breathes. The seats in the base model are not electric but move easily in every direction. The headrests on the back seat fold down with the push of a button to enable the rear compartment to be for cargo. My former vehicle , the headreast had to be manually removed first. C-Max is very roomy. Even my 6ft + friends are surprised how comfortable they feel in it.
Suggested Improvements
Even in the base model there is a lot of technology and bells and whistles. I only learned the functions that I had a need to use. Some are still left not learned or used. I'm sure that a younger person would have a blast with them all. The icons and words on the buttons on the dash are a bit small. The placement of the items in the panel with the radio, heat , etc could be improved .