Poor MPG
By sabrinakrouse on
2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
As a former Prius driver, I was excited to try out the Ford C-max because it provided me with a bit more room for my kids in the back seat. In the Prius I was averaging 42-44MPG depending on the season. So when I saw 47MPG I figured I would at least get the same if not a little more MPG'S. I am very aware how to drive a hybrid to get the most out of it as possible so when I can not get the C-Max to get over 34 MPG's it makes me very disappointed. There should be more real life testing and accountability for the company that is going to market a product knowing full well that the product is going to fail because consumers are going to have to drive up hills and in the winter.
Suggested Improvements
Real life testing.
By blaine999
on 06/15/13 08:49 AM (PDT)

I have a 2010 Prius III and I average 52 to 54 MPG in the summer, city driving (and using a/c when needed). In the winter, it is 42 to 45, depending on how cold it is. So when I see that you averaged 42 to 44, it makes me wonder if your driving habits are lowering the expected MPG in the Prius and now in your C Max. And a comment about hills. I took the Prius into the mountains, and averaged the same as I did on regular highway. That is because it averages out. By that, I mean you lose going up the hill, but gain coming down on the other side. So it equals itself out.