Perfect car for a techy empty nester taking long trips with the wife to visit kids
By abeachdog on
2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I get 34-38mpg Freeway Driving (63-80mph); 37-44 Highway (45-62); 38-50 City (25-45). My lifetime avg. is 38.9. I started getting about 3mpg better after 5000 miles. Cold weather (Under 40degrees), hilly conditions, stop and go driving, strong winds, and wet conditions can really drop the mpg. I get great gas mileage considering the size and drivability of the vehicle. I'm going from a Miata and B3000 pickup to the C-Max. I wanted a comfortable car, fun to drive, 40+ mpg, and with lots of tech stuff. I like the techy look. This car would be what I would have custom built for what I want/need at this stage of my life. Going from Cali to Idaho in style, comfort, and low expense!
Favorite Features
SYNC and Sirius grew on me. I like them now. I love playing my bluetooth music from my phone. I am using the ac plug to charge my ultrabook and smartphone as I write this. My cell hotspot is pulling over 5MB while the wife drives. This is so fun! The car is so smooth and relaxing compared to my sports cars and trucks. Still when I have to jump on it a little, it is capable of getting where I need to. Sometimes the batteries cause a bit of rear sway, especially during high downhill speeds. We have the seats down and have an unbelievable amount of stuff piled back there! Seating is great! Seats are super comfortable. Lots of room. I am still learning about all the features after 6 months!
Suggested Improvements
Well, I did give C-Max a 5 according to my subjective evaluation. However, there is always room for improvement: 1) keep working on tuning the car for even better mpg and performance. 2) Keep working on documentation and manuals. There is so much one has to research on a vehicle like this. If you are not technically inclined you might be best served by the simplest versions. You probably will not like SYNC, at least at first. 3) How do you lock your fob inside the vehicle (intentionally) and not open the door with 2 pulls? 4) Keep improving the nice ride and handling. 5) Keep improving the SYNC voice recognition and make it as simple as possible. 6) Needs a spare tire for long trips! Please!