Love my Maxie!
By bevt on
2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I have had my car for 2 1/2 months, have about 2500 miles, live in hilly urban area (Bay Area east of the big hills), and so far (and it's not hit its maximum efficiency yet) my Lifetime average is 43.4 mpg. Yesterday, I drove about 10 miles along the hilly streets and got 53 mpg average on that trip. I've driven along the coast for 4 hours and got 55 mpg. Sometimes I got up to 60. Nice, nice! But it all depends on how you drive it. I have a lead foot, so I've had to retrain myself to drive more peacefully. Once you get the hang of how to drive it, the C-Max does beautifully, switching to gas mode when the battery is low or if you are going up hills, going back to EV mode seamlessly.
Favorite Features
Comfort, ability to go up to 85 mph in EV mode, hands-free phone with controls on the steering wheel, Bluetooth audio, and with a $5 mo service, USB audio that allows you to pick songs, albums, artists, playlists and will show you on the screen (I do not have Touch free so the screen is smaller, but it works just fine!), and with the Destinations app downloaded onto my iphone, and plugged into the USB and/or earphone plug, I can get directions that will also show up on the screen. Cargo space is adequate for everyday, trips, and can be enlarged by putting down the back seats to accommodate lots more. Love the various controls, screens, etc. Read your manual! It's very informative!!
Suggested Improvements
Could be an inch or two wider for shoulder room (according to friends who are 6 ft tall), but other than that, it's great!