2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid 2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Its BLUE

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid - Consumer Review

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Its BLUE
By mcsp00 on

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Ordered mine on 11/19/12. Got it delivered on 2/13/13. LooOoong wait. So, how's the gas mileage you ask? Fine. After 2 weeks of driving, the EV+ feature is recognizing my work, parents, and home locations. That means it goes full electric within 1/2 mile of location. Very nice. On some trips, I'm measuring 48mpg, and it is COLD and SNOWY/SLURPEE muck here. Overall, I see 31.5mpg in 2 weeks of driving... The interior is quite nice. Sync works very well, and simple to me. I recognize it would be intimidating to some. The ride quality is smooth. The acceleration can be surprising! This car rocks. Low-ish reliability because I already have had a "flat" battery...

Favorite Features

Ride, Looks, MPG, tech.

Suggested Improvements

Battery went flat for no reason. No "auto shut off" of peripherals (iPhone, GPS, overhead lights, etc) when engine shuts off. Bad mojo. Even an old Nissan has this. Sync is great if you're a geek like me, but if you lack "Digital Literacy" (like many adults over 35-40), the Sync stuff can be overwhelming. Maybe add a "simple" mode?