Best vehicle ever!
By glhouk on
2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I have had the C-Max for 2 and 1/2 months and 4,500 miles. This is the vehicle I have been looking for for more than 10 years. It has the large enough interior, high seating position, high roof line, ease of entry, and good handling and mileage of a very small car. It is a pleasure to drive and I am getting 38 to 45 mpg depending on wind direction and my speed. I have achieved over 50 on a few occasions but average in the lower 40's. At 65 to 70, it is around 38 to 40. The power train is so smooth, and on the interstate going 65+ and needing to pass, I was shocked at how quickly it zoomed up to 80! I am averaging 10 mpg more than my good mileage Pontiac G6.
Favorite Features
Roomy, stylish, upscale interior, great mileage, comfortable, handling, expansive view in front, backup camera, foot controlled lift gate, eco cruise control, dash display options, automatic climate control, ease of entry and exit, high sitting position and head room, not needing the gasoline engine for short trips around town, regenerative braking and coasting, automatic windshield wipers, voice activation of most controls.
Suggested Improvements
ability to display oil life remaining, slightly longer to give more rear storage for families, a bit softer ride, higher roof line at the rear of the vehicle. easier access to the 12v battery