2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid 2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Great performance for hybrid 43/37mpg

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid - Consumer Review

Great performance for hybrid 43/37mpg
By gooberpea on

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm about 3000 miles in with 2 long road trips. My overall average is 40mpg, with the road trips coming in around 37mpg with my normal suburban commute averaging around 43mpg. The dropoff in mileage is pretty clear--the faster you go over 65, the mileage drops off a cliff (well into the low 30s). On the flipside, the C-Max loves 45-55 mph roads with stoplights. Fortunately, that's my normal commute.

Favorite Features

Driving performance was the reason I picked the C-Max over the Prius. Felt very comfortable passing multiple cars on mountain roads with 180hp behind me. Very quiet with low road noise.

Suggested Improvements

If Ford advertised the C-Max at 44/40 instead of 47/47, no one would be complaining. Then again, maybe they wanted the controversy for more publicity.
By gooberpea
on 06/06/13 07:07 AM (PDT)

BTW, for more empirical evidence about fuel mileage, look at fuelly (real world fill ups). The bulk of reports are between 37-43mpg: http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/c-max/2013/hybrid%20l4