Great Car but MPG?
By dbrower6 on
2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I've had my C Max for about 2 months. I think the design of the car is good but the gas milage on the highway is a pipe dream. I can see where you could get 47 MPG in the city under certain conditions but no way will it ever get 47 on the highway. A more realistic gas milage would be around 37 MPG at 75 MPH, 38.5 MPH at 70. if your lucky you can get around 40 MPG at 65MPH basicly the same as a none hybrid car. I now have 4500 miles on the car a just came back from the first trip with the car. I could have done with out the SYNC it just don't work well. I have had one issure where all four windows came down and the car unlocked it's self. Fortunately I caught it before the rain got it.
Favorite Features
It's got plenty of power on the highway is you need it. Great ride. Very quite inside.
Suggested Improvements
I think depending on the electric motor Ford could tweak how, when and how long the eletric motor comes in. The main reason the car will never do well on the highway is the EV mode shuts down after 62 MPH it does assist though with hills and heavier loads on the engines but you can figure you have a non Hybrid after 62 MPH.