Fun, but far from 47 MPG
By lysheen on
2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Selling point for me was the advertised 47 MPG, and thus far I get around 35-36. Done a lot of research, and found that most (Honda, Toyota, VW) manufacturers actually advertise a lower MPG than what their drivers get, except the CMAX, which advertises about 8-9 higher than what drivers are getting on average. I feel like I could have saved 15k and got a 2012 Civic. I will say that Ford has done an excellent job with the interior design of the car. It's fun and fairly easy to use.
Favorite Features
Florescent lighting, sensor lift-gate and overall interior design is really cool. For a hybrid is has quite a bit of room inside.
Suggested Improvements
Don't advertise 47 MPG. Ford has made such big strides in making better, more quality cars, and this really tarnishes their reputation. Other car companies are much more honest in their advertising of their fuel efficiency, and it's going lend them much higher credibility in the long run.
By ihanson
on 04/29/13 13:40 PM (PDT)

Wondering where you're getting the $15,000 savings of buying a Civic instead. An apples to apples comparison of the two base models (LX Civic and SE CMAX of the same year) shows MSRP of $18,755 for the Civic and $25,955. That's a difference of $7,200, less than half of what you claim. Just saying. Also, roominess and driving position are very different between those two vehicles.