2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Consumer Review: Choose it from 5 cars, and am

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid - Consumer Review

Choose it from 5 cars, and am very happy for 2 weeks
By stranger267 on

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I own it for 2 weeks, drive about 900 miles, and am very satisfied by this car (it is exactly what I want). The only thing which I never reached was promised mileage - it increased to 36 mpg eventually but is still far from 40+ promised. We will see in 2 month.

I test drive Subaru Impreza CVT, VW Golf TDI and VW Jetta TDI, Prius and Prius V. Among all, CMAX stays behind Impreza but ahead of others by the fun to drive, and is very different from slow and 'drive as a Prius' Prius. Normal controls (not these futuristic Toyota-s) are a plus too.

Car is Base SE model. Our other car is Subaru Forester 2008 (2010 became too big).

How it drives! Small wagon or big hatchback (why so little wagons in USA?? Sedans are very ineffective space users, I hate sedans, we never consider any for our family for 15 years). It's hybrid behavior is excellent. Exterior and interior with a few exceptions. Normal controls (no futuristic Prius!).

Post REAL mileage! Or improve what we got. More public relations - it is REAL HYBRID but you feel as in a very good car. And it has a lot of space because it is small wagon! More PR for plug ins as it can be real win for many commuters. Strange but it wins in mountains too (can take energy). Offer rent with option to but after it. Map lights! Fog lights as an option for SE. Parking key (why must I spend $200 for extra keys?? I don't want immobilizer, I want simple plain key!) - I mean key which can be left to valets in the parking lot and which they can then lock inside. Bigger side windows - previous CMAX had better ones! TDI diesel in USA! IT wins on freeways over all hybrids!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review