Car stop running once a while and could not start engine for a while
By tjshiau on
2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
My 2013 Ford C-MAX hybrid SE could not run during driving (i.e. stop at traffic light) and could not start the engine for a while from a few second to two hours. It will start the engine and run again after this. However, it will happen again either one month later or a few minutes later. It is not safe to drive this car. I am not so sure whether this car has this issue or this model has this issue. I like to know whether this is design issue or some bugs on my car only. To be fair, this car is powerful with good gas mileage. My average gas mileage is 40.4 mile per gallon after 7000 mileage. If the traffic is good, it could be over 50 mile per gallon or between 43 and 47 mile per gallon.
Suggested Improvements
This issue has to be fixed because it is too dangerous on the road. And you could not plan your schedule because you don't know when it will stop running again. My Ford dealer has spent one week to fix my car. They thought they might solve this issue. I picked up yesterday. This issue happen again today.
By gooberpea
on 05/23/13 08:35 AM (PDT)

This is definitely a bug with your car. Get it thoroughly checked out! I have to admit, I am worried that Ford dealers won't provide great service because of the newness of the systems. Hopefully they will get better as they see more cars.