Used 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:

Love my 2013 C Max
By ctylane

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just purchased my C Max from Chaparral Ford in Devine TX. Have been thinking about replacing my 2005 Ford Five Hundred with 148,000 miles. I also have a 2013 Taurus Limited, so wanted a run around car. When I got the car it had about 150 or so miles on it. The dealer filled it up and I drove almost 500 miles. On the first fill-up I got 41.3 MPG. I was satisfied with that. Then I came on here and read some of the mileage figures and was surprised to see some of the low figures. I began to wonder in my mind. However on this my first fill-up I am getting between 46 and 47 with it reading 46.7 right now. I am leaving next week for Maryland, a 1800 miles trip. Will report when I return

So far I am completely satisfied with the total car, the Nav and automatic lift gate are great.

None and I can say I am a very picky person.

Love my Maxie!
By bevt

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my car for 2 1/2 months, have about 2500 miles, live in hilly urban area (Bay Area east of the big hills), and so far (and it's not hit its maximum efficiency yet) my Lifetime average is 43.4 mpg. Yesterday, I drove about 10 miles along the hilly streets and got 53 mpg average on that trip. I've driven along the coast for 4 hours and got 55 mpg. Sometimes I got up to 60. Nice, nice! But it all depends on how you drive it. I have a lead foot, so I've had to retrain myself to drive more peacefully. Once you get the hang of how to drive it, the C-Max does beautifully, switching to gas mode when the battery is low or if you are going up hills, going back to EV mode seamlessly.

Comfort, ability to go up to 85 mph in EV mode, hands-free phone with controls on the steering wheel, Bluetooth audio, and with a $5 mo service, USB audio that allows you to pick songs, albums, artists, playlists and will show you on the screen (I do not have Touch free so the screen is smaller, but it works just fine!), and with the Destinations app downloaded onto my iphone, and plugged into the USB and/or earphone plug, I can get directions that will also show up on the screen. Cargo space is adequate for everyday, trips, and can be enlarged by putting down the back seats to accommodate lots more. Love the various controls, screens, etc. Read your manual! It's very informative!!

Could be an inch or two wider for shoulder room (according to friends who are 6 ft tall), but other than that, it's great!

Loving my C-Max
By cmaxdriver

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

1250 miles on my C-Max SEL (not Energi) and I just filled up the second time, so that works out to 600+ per tank. So far love it. Driving mixed between city & highway.

Visibility, comfort, MPG

EV+ mode should be driver selectable, I should be able to say when I want it to run only on battery regardless of load.

2013 Ford C-MAX SE...Too soon to pass Judgement
By phill1

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded in my 2011 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback 7/31 and with just over a month of driving and less then 1000 miles, I`m only averaging 34 mpg City & Highway. I`m careful (not) to accelerate quickly and coast when possible and avoid lots of unnecessary braking still can`t get over 34 mpg. The Vehicle is very comfortable, peppy, and if I can eventually improve on the Fuel Economy numbers, I`ll be very happy. Got spoiled with the smaller fuel sipping Fiesta which (always) delivered 33-35 mpg city and 41-43 mpg highway from day one.

Excellent styling both interior and exterior, plenty of legroom and headroom. Lots of power if you need to accelerate unto a highway.

Rear View Camera should be standard equipment regardless of Trim Level. MFT and SYNC needs more more control knobs and less finger touch operation. Too many button options on Steering Wheel! Daytime Running Lights should be an option if not standard equipment for (other) then Fleet Purchase.

Truth about the Mileage Debate
By saw67

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

First, after 6 months of driving my C-Max, I can safely say that it's one of the best cars I've owned, in quality, fuel efficiency, and features. Ride is smooth, and there's power when you want and need it. People used to driving Prius and other brand hybrids WILL NEED TO ADAPT, because the C-Max behaves very differently, and makes different choices than other hybrids. Once we learned how to drive it, we're averaging 37-45mpg, which is actually higher than we expected (nobody expects to actually make the "published mileage" because we don't drive in computer controlled conditions. Turn off the climate control, open the windows, and we get over 50mpg! Ignore the naysayers!

Heated seats (be careful, set them on high and you burn your butt ;) Navigation (nicely integrated with phone) Driver Dash (configurable and easy on the eyes) Electrically operated rear hatch (Super convenient, with the Hands Free kick-to-open feature!) Backup camera is superb! (tracks show where you'll end up based on steering wheel position!)

Fog lights do not remember their setting when the headlights go off and back on. Rear window "shade" Automatic windshield wipers not configurable for rear wiper.

• SUV