Used 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:

Extremely poor reliability, failed after 2 month
By angry_custom1

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The engine had crazy noise, dealer said it is normal. The door chime is not there, now after 7 weeks, the transmission failed.

Ford not only lied about the mpg, they did not even test it, they just decide to put a number there, but they have the audacity to insult Hyundai when NHTSA fined Hyundai, yet [non-permissible content removed] government did not even investigate Ford's lie.

Asked Ford ex-employee, told Ford demand the orginal transmission maker to reveal their trade secret to Ford and Visteon, then both companies compete for Ford's business, of course original supplier was angry, possibly provided low-quality parts to Ford. Ford should just go out of business!

Nothing

Go out of business because you simply create pure junk!

Why Such A Poor Rating from CR?
By htw

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I hate the design of the wheels.
Ford could better on the wheel choice and replace the bar grill with something more sporty. But......
Ford needs to change the bolt pattern to match the Mustang.

I think the car is great; I love the seats, and the sitting position.
I want these seat in my 2012 Focus.
My C-mac is used in business - sometimes 100 miles per day, bought in Sept 12, it has 24K miles on it.
Daily mileage is 43-45.
Road trip - milesage under 60 is 44 mpg; over 65 38 mpg.
The location of the air filter sucks - it took 41 minutes to change it and I had to remove that large piece of plastic.
If you don't know cars, you have to take it to the dealer.

Seats, seats, seats!

Better (faany-er looking) 5 spoke wheels - like the Fusion and Focus Titianium; sporty grill - not the frumpy one with the bars!

Excellent choice
By sherio

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I got my C-Max a couple of months ago.
I absolutely LOVE it.
It is fun to drive, zippy when you need it, fantastic gas milage.
I get 44 mpg routinely with the AC on and that is exactly what my 2004 Civic Hybrid got (also a great car).
But I tend to have a lead foot with take offs.
My husband can get milage in the high 50-mid 60s around town and 47 on the highway.
Because I could not stand to let him win, I smoothed out my quick starts and also get 46mpgs.
The car is comfortable to drive and ride as a passenger.
Plenty of space for passengers in the back or to haul around stuff.
It is really a great car.

Milage and comfort.

The mid console is too deep but that seems to be the trend in many cars right now.

Love my 2013 C Max
By ctylane

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just purchased my C Max from Chaparral Ford in Devine TX.
Have been thinking about replacing my 2005 Ford Five Hundred with 148,000 miles.
I also have a 2013 Taurus Limited, so wanted a run around car.
When I got the car it had about 150 or so miles on it.
The dealer filled it up and I drove almost 500 miles.
On the first fill-up I got 41.3 MPG.
I was satisfied with that.
Then I came on here and read some of the mileage figures and was surprised to see some of the low figures.
I began to wonder in my mind.
However on this my first fill-up I am getting between 46 and 47 with it
reading 46.7 right now. I am leaving next week for Maryland, a 1800 miles trip.
Will report when I return

So far I am completely satisfied with the total car, the Nav and automatic lift gate are great.

None and I can say I am a very picky person.

Love my Maxie!
By bevt

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my car for 2 1/2 months, have about 2500 miles, live in hilly urban area (Bay Area east of the big hills), and so far (and it's not hit its maximum efficiency yet) my Lifetime average is 43.4 mpg.
Yesterday, I drove about 10 miles along the hilly streets and got 53 mpg average on that trip.
I've driven along the coast for 4 hours and got 55 mpg.
Sometimes I got up to 60.
Nice, nice!
But it all depends on how you drive it.
I have a lead foot, so I've had to retrain myself to drive more peacefully.
Once you get the hang of how to drive it, the C-Max does beautifully, switching to gas mode when the battery is low or if you are going up hills, going back to EV mode seamlessly.

Comfort, ability to go up to 85 mph in EV mode, hands-free phone with controls on the steering wheel, Bluetooth audio, and with a $5 mo service, USB audio that allows you to pick songs, albums, artists, playlists and will show you on the screen (I do not have Touch free so the screen is smaller, but it works just fine!), and with the Destinations app downloaded onto my iphone, and plugged into the USB and/or earphone plug, I can get directions that will also show up on the screen. Cargo space is adequate for everyday, trips, and can be enlarged by putting down the back seats to accommodate lots more. Love the various controls, screens, etc. Read your manual! It's very informative!!

Could be an inch or two wider for shoulder room (according to friends who are 6 ft tall), but other than that, it's great!