2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid Consumer Reviews 8

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:
Excellent package.
By hotpotato on 03/04/13 11:59 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in a beautiful German near-luxury sedan for this car. Other than prestige, it's little sacrifice. The C-Max drives like a European car because it is one (it's been sold in Europe for years, though not as a hybrid). I get 36-37 MPG, better than the 20 of my old car and comparable to the 40 of the Prius V. The compromises the Prius makes to get those last couple MPG (in road noise, acceleration, structural rigidity) aren't worth it to me. (We drive Priuses as company cars.)

Poor MPG
By sabrinakrouse on 03/02/13 09:34 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

As a former Prius driver, I was excited to try out the Ford C-max because it provided me with a bit more room for my kids in the back seat. In the Prius I was averaging 42-44MPG depending on the season. So when I saw 47MPG I figured I would at least get the same if not a little more MPG'S. I am very aware how to drive a hybrid to get the most out of it as possible so when I can not get the C-Max to get over 34 MPG's it makes me very disappointed. There should be more real life testing and accountability for the company that is going to market a product knowing full well that the product is going to fail because consumers are going to have to drive up hills and in the winter.

Its BLUE
By mcsp00 on 02/28/13 18:39 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Ordered mine on 11/19/12. Got it delivered on 2/13/13. LooOoong wait. So, how's the gas mileage you ask? Fine. After 2 weeks of driving, the EV+ feature is recognizing my work, parents, and home locations. That means it goes full electric within 1/2 mile of location. Very nice. On some trips, I'm measuring 48mpg, and it is COLD and SNOWY/SLURPEE muck here. Overall, I see 31.5mpg in 2 weeks of driving... The interior is quite nice. Sync works very well, and simple to me. I recognize it would be intimidating to some. The ride quality is smooth. The acceleration can be surprising! This car rocks. Low-ish reliability because I already have had a "flat" battery...

WHY DOESN'T FORD GET RID OF SYNC?
By daveahc on 02/24/13 14:06 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought a C-Max SEL in October. I drive a lot miles (average 35,000 per year) and I have 9000 on it already. The My Sync radio is a flop. So much so that I have had it at the dealer more than 4 times and they say they cannot fix it now for a month. Even though I love everything else about the car (except that I can never get more than 40 mpg), now I have decided to ask for a Ford to repurchase the car under my state's Lemon Law because the Sync system cannot be fixed.

Cmax SEL Not Cold Weather Car
By frugalista1 on 02/18/13 10:43 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have a Cmax SEL, and there is a lot to love about this car. It is cute, fun to drive, and the visibility is excellent for drivers of all heights. Unfortunately, the main reason I purchased this car was the reported 47mpg, but in cold weather (<45 deg), the Cmax doesn't even come close to 47mpg. The gas engine comes on to heat up the cold car engine and the mileage plummets. On a short cold-weather trip (even without the heat on, another mpg reducer) it is common to see a Trip mpg reading of 19mpg or less. In warmer weather (using neither heat or AC) this same trip would yield a Trip mpg reading of 48mpg or more. If it's cold where you live, Cmax may not be for you.

It's not a Lexus, but...
By norcalgirl on 02/13/13 11:07 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The lease on my Lexus RX 350 was up, and I wanted to lower my lease payment and increase my miles per gallon. I looked at all of the hybrid alternatives out there, and chose the C-Max. Have had it for 2 weeks now, and I'm happy with my decision. I'm currently averaging 40 mpg with a combination of city and highway driving. It's fun to drive, handles well, corners better than the Lexus, and has just about all the bells and whistles one could want. My tall friends appreciate the headroom and legroom in the back seat. The interior is not as plush as the Lexus, but I'm saving so much money that I don't care. Voice command is great, very easy to use.

A lot more than expected
By axlbertp on 02/07/13 22:33 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

5000 miles already doing 40~ MPG in 40 miles to work each way, fun to drive, Excellent braking capacity, and very agile and precise in hard braking, very good accel 4 a hybrid, like the sync but needs to get ued to it nice dashboard, and very confortable with most controls on the wheel very nice car, forget the prius that lags in evrything my only con is that is a little high in the interior excellent the michelins and semi low profile tyres works very well I like it, I believe I will put 100k miles in 3 years here...

New Hybrid Benchmark
By hybrid_veteran on 02/05/13 22:42 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Being a very high mile driver my last three cars, before my new C-Max, were a Prius and two Altima Hybrids, each driven over 100,000 nearly trouble free miles. I never expected or got the EPA mileage rating on any of them so the C-Max shortfall doesn't bother me a bit. It started out in the low 30's and at 2500 miles is now in the high 30's while driving hard and fast without paying any attention to maximizing gas mileage. Build quality and performance put the Prius to shame and it's substantially smoother and quietier than the Altima. If it's reliabilty ultimately comes anywhere close to the Prius and Altima the C-Max will simply set a new higher bar for the entry level Hybid market.

Terrible Fuel Mileage
By sabrinakrouse on 02/02/13 12:44 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the Ford C-Max to replace my Toyota Pruis, hoping for compareable gas mileage. Sticker stated 47 MPG and I am currently getting 33 MPG, very disappointing!!! I am experienced hybrid driver and have tried all the recommended suggestions to get the MPG to go up...not driving above 60MPH, not accelerating to aggressively...ECT. Very very sorry that I purchased the Ford C-max. I have 2 kids and do alot of driving and have sacrificed room for the gas mileage, if I would have known that I was going to get this MPG I could have gotten a small SUV and had the room that I am missing.

C-max Sel
By z51hdtp on 01/27/13 17:09 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had a 2012 Ford Focus that I liked very much except for the rough shifting trans and cramped rear leg room. Drove the C- Max and fell in love with it. Better visability, more comfortable seats, Love the cvt transmission, floor it and it just goes, No gear hunting, good handling and good rear seat leg room. As others have stated gas mileage is not as good as advertised. Cold weather really effects mileage. Driven as instructed in the owners manual in 50 degree weather have averaged 46 in suburban driving on one tank, when its cooler 42. Highway mileage over 60 is 38 to 40. To get the best highway mileage you can't go over 60. Most hybrids get better mileage in town than on the highway.