2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Max Hybrid model:
Terrible Fuel Mileage
By sabrinakrouse on 02/02/13 12:44 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the Ford C-Max to replace my Toyota Pruis, hoping for compareable gas mileage. Sticker stated 47 MPG and I am currently getting 33 MPG, very disappointing!!! I am experienced hybrid driver and have tried all the recommended suggestions to get the MPG to go up...not driving above 60MPH, not accelerating to aggressively...ECT. Very very sorry that I purchased the Ford C-max. I have 2 kids and do alot of driving and have sacrificed room for the gas mileage, if I would have known that I was going to get this MPG I could have gotten a small SUV and had the room that I am missing.

C-max Sel
By z51hdtp on 01/27/13 17:09 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had a 2012 Ford Focus that I liked very much except for the rough shifting trans and cramped rear leg room. Drove the C- Max and fell in love with it. Better visability, more comfortable seats, Love the cvt transmission, floor it and it just goes, No gear hunting, good handling and good rear seat leg room. As others have stated gas mileage is not as good as advertised. Cold weather really effects mileage. Driven as instructed in the owners manual in 50 degree weather have averaged 46 in suburban driving on one tank, when its cooler 42. Highway mileage over 60 is 38 to 40. To get the best highway mileage you can't go over 60. Most hybrids get better mileage in town than on the highway.

Fun and Practical wagon
By mrtrout on 01/26/13 11:35 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned a C-Max for about 2 months and 2000 miles now and overall think this is an excellent hybrid that is often overlooked. I have the base SE model with no options other than blue paint color. The base model is a good value at about $26K. The closest comparable car is the Toyota Prius V. The only advantages the Prius V has are more cargo space and a more thickly padded back seat (but the seat does not fold flat). I liked the C-Max better in all other areas. The C-Max has a lot more power than the Prius and accelerates quickly. The electric motor, engine, and transmission are very responsive and seamless if you have to punch the throttle to merge into traffic quickly.

YOUR DOING IT WRONG!
By meabn on 01/25/13 20:50 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Please. The only thing wrong with this car is Microsoft sync. I take no pleasure in saying this but I am afraid that some of you are way better at giving opinions than the measures of central tendencies. Google it. This vehicle is an epic leap forward for Ford (less sync) and sips gas. Post break in it will blast by 47 MPG. Again, learn what "average" means and how to apply the term over time- if you dare. Unfortunately, most are confusing (or don't understand) mean, median, and mode versus vehicle life time average MPG during driver learning curve and vehicle break in. Kinda Fords fault as well I guess.

You bought a Hybrid? and a Ford?
By wamba2000 on 01/25/13 14:33 PM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have bought close to 20 new vehicles while I have been driving, american cars, european, asian, etc. The C-Max is the first Ford product since the late 1980's. The reaction from my friends is really interesting, can't believe I got a Hybrid, and if I wanted Hybrid, why not a Prius. The CMax was the first Hybrid that appealed to me, Main reasons: - wanted a hatchback capable of moving a larger item than would fit in a trunk. - wanted all the toys that are available in higher end vehicles - wanted gas mileage in commuting that would hit at least the mid-30s - had to have enough power to get out of its own way. It delivers on all of these. Had the car 2.5 weeks, it is put together!

Ford Wonder Hybrid
By jus_a_cmax on 01/22/13 10:47 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Firstup, when I went to the dealership at Galpin, I had no intention of testing nor buying a CMax, the Ford Fusion was it. The Prius was considered but I did not like the performance nor the handling, yes, I understand performance-hybrid are oxymorons. The CMax blew me away as an overall package for my needs. Being a hybrid was a huge advantage for my line of work where I drive alot, the interior space allowed me carry all my fun toys on the weekend snow trips, the Sync system rocks especially the Sony surround sound, SYNC Nav is nice with the big easy to see screen at a glance.

c-max
By puremichigan on 01/21/13 08:08 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We now have 3746 miles on the car on our 12 day road trip - we averaged 37.1 mpg. Not bad considering all the thing that can degrade mileage; load ( passengers; usualy 2, sometimes 5, plus cooler, luggage, gifts and so forth) temperature (cold - 19 to 49 degrees farenheit) terrain ( Ozarks & Texas hill country) speed (mostly highway 65 to 75 mph) I took multiple 100 mile - mpg samples by resetting the trip data at different speeds 75 mph = 35mpg 65 mph = 39 mpg 55 mph = 44 mpg 45 mph = 56 mpg I assume that the engine is now broke in and that we will get noticably better mileage on local surface streets.

One week in and very pleased
By wamba2000 on 01/16/13 09:17 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Took delivery of a 2013 SEL 303A a week ago. Initial thoughts: Was driving a mid-sized SUV, but mostly use the vehicle for commuting. I wanted the following: Comfort, fun to drive, better mileage, flexibility to handle a large parcel/item via a hatch, reasonably quiet driving experience, all the toys like Nav, backup camera, leather, etc. The C-Max delivers all these items. There is more head and leg room than in the SUV ( I am 6'6" and 240lb, don't fit well in many vehicles). So far only one build issue, which the dealer addressed. Last, the mileage: EPA tests were followed to the letter, but it is not real world. I am getting 37.0 mpg on the first tank. Cold weather does affect

47 mph is a lie
By fisherlcsw on 01/15/13 05:45 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had a 2008 civic hybred and I averaged 42 to 46 mph. I bought the C-Max because of it's reported 47 mph. At 1244 miles, I have averaged 34.2 mph. Fuelly shows of 81 drivers of c-max reporting, the majority of us are 37 mph or less. Nice car but not what was advertised.

4800 miles and still getting 43 mpg
By burklo on 01/10/13 07:13 AM (PST)

2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my new c-max in October right off the truck. I have been driving a Ford Explorer for 12 years (2000 & 2005) average 30,000 miles per year. I had been looking for a high profile car that would give me 35+ mpg. My C-Max exceeds my expectations. I challenge myself to get the best gas mileage possible. While 62 miles per hour is the limit for running on the battery, I am averaging 43 mpg consistently. In the city, I average 45 mpg. I now have 4800 miles on my C-Max and love the fact that I fill-up once every 10 days versus twice per week with my explorer. I estimate I am saving between $300-$400 p/month in gas.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid in VA is:

$106 per month*